What is the best order to have these procedures done: Lip Lift, V-Y Lip Augmentation & Rhinoplasty?

What is the ideal order for each procedure? I'm concerned that if I get my lip lift done first, it will hinder the results of my nose; considering that I want a premaxillary aug. and tip projection. Also, will the lip lift with the VY lip aug. give me that 'roll' effect? I want a "bee stung" look and don't mind it looking superficial. I want my lips to look more full and "3D"? My lips now are just thin, flat and shapeless.

Lip lift and rhinoplasty

+1
I recommend you have the rhinoplasty done first and then the lip lift.I routinely do not do lip augmentations since the foreign bodies and injectables are not stable.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Texas Plastic Surgeon

+1
     I could only offer advice after an exam, because it would be rare for me to recommend those lip procedures. 

What is the best order I should have multiple procedures done?

+1
  • Julie, if you want to to increase the amount of exposed vermillion significantly I would recommend a VY lip advancement. If this does not give you enough fullness I would recommend fat injections to follow. This in my experience will give a very full lip. If you are doing any work to the base of the nose that requires access under the lip I would recommend separating the two procedures. If the work on your nose is all being done through the nose then you could combine procedures if the plastic surgeon is willing. Please make sure you are seeing a board-certified plastic surgeon who is experienced in these procedures. Best wishes!

William G. Hart Jr., MD
Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

Sequenc

+1
All the procedures you mentioned can be done together if your doctor feels that that is what you need.
You may not be right in your assumptions that you need these three things.  See a professional and let him guide you as to what is really needed.

Vasdev Rai, MD

Procedures

+1
I would recommend the rhinoplasty and that is it. Lip lifts and V-Y advancements, in my opinions are bad cosmetic procedures, they tend to leave the "fake Plastic surgery" look after they are performed.

I would opt for a filler, or a lip implant. I believe they lift and advancements have fallen out of fashion since the 1980's due to their results.

Michel Siegel, MD
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lip and nasal surgery

+1
Photos would be helpful to give you more direction.  In most cases the two procedure could be done together to save on cost of anesthesia and facility and having only one recovery.  But every case is different and staging may be preferable.  Discuss the pros and cons with the surgeon you plan on using for your treatment.  Good luck.  Donald R. Nunn MD  Atlanta Plastic Surgeon.

Donald Nunn, MD

Lip augmentation with rhinoplasty

+1
A lip augmentation can be performed at the same time as rhinoplasty. Rhinoplasty can address the projection and rotation of the nasal tip first then the lip operation can address the fullness and pucker of the upper lip. I would advise a Permalip implant to address your concerns.

Jose E. Barrera, MD, FACS
San Antonio Facial Plastic Surgeon