In Order to Be a Full B Cup, Will 275 CC's Get the Size I Want?

A week away from surgery and still torn. I am 5'3 1/2 115lbs, size 32A or 34A, not filling the bra up. My weight varies because I workout and do the bikini side of bodybuilding. So when I am not in training my weight drops to about 110lbs, in training 115lbs. My PS said that he could go up to 300cc's but right now I am torn between 275 and 300. I was able to take home 275cc's and wear for a few days. I really liked the looked. Would 300 or 275 big enough to get my full B?

In order to be a full 'B' cup, will 275cc's get the size I want?

+1
Hello! Thank you for your question. In general, implant size does not correlate with bra cup size. The cup size itself will vary from manufacturer to manufacturer as well as who is doing the actual measurements. Thus, cup size is never a reliable indicator for your breast size. I typically encourage my patients not to communicate her desires in cup size but more on the actual look and appearance.

Good communication between you and your surgeon of your expectations is warranted - choosing your surgeon wisely is the first step. Discussion of your wishes and having an honest and open dialog of your procedure is mandatory (e.g, implant type, incision, placement, lift, etc). I have found that photographs brought by the patient is helpful to get a visualization of the appearance you wish for in terms of size, shape, fullness, etc. In addition, your surgeon's pre and postoperative photographs should demonstrate a realistic goal for you. Once this has been accomplished, allow your surgeon to utilize his/her best medical judgment during the procedure to finesse the best possible result for you after preoperative biodimensional planning and fitting the right implant for your breast width.

Hope me that this helps! Best wishes for a wonderful result!

BBA

+1

There is no way to guarantee a particular bra size. Bra sizing varies greatly between bra manufacturers and a C in one bra will be a D in another. What matters more than the assigned bra size is the way the implant looks on you. The best option for your body and aesthetic goals can be determined in a thorough implant sizing session.

Implant sizing depends on several factors. One of the most important factors is your breast width. Generally, your surgeon will measure your breast width, and then provide you with a range of implant sizes appropriate for your native breast size. There are more nuances to it than just what I've described, but this approach works for most women.

I usually have my patients bring in a large bra and a tight t-shirt to do sizing. I'll then choose 3-4 implants that I feel are appropriate, and have my patients place them in the bra under the tight t-shirt. My patients can then look in the mirror and get a good sense of what they will look like with the provided implant sizes. My patients like this approach and get a great idea of how they will look.

By using this technique, your surgeon can outline a range of appropriate implant sizes that will be aesthetically pleasing, and you make the final decision.

I hope this helps. Good luck!

Sincerely,

Asif Pirani, MD, FRCS(C)

Proper Implant Selection

+1

The difference of 25 cc is very small.  I would consider the larger implant under your muscle.  In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.

Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Paul S. Gill, MD

Choosing a cup size.

+1

In most cases a small D is 440 cc. A small B+ is 330 cc. Therefore, if you are close, I would would guess that you would be more like a small C.

John S. Poser, MD

Choosing Between 275cc and 300cc Breast Implants

+1

The interpretation of bra cup size is highly variable and varies amongst patients. But with your small body frame and modest size increase desires (full B cup), implants of 275cc to 300cc seems appropriate for your goals. When in doubt between implant sizes that are only 25cc difference, always go with the larger size. This volume difference is negligible and will not make enough of a difference to account for just the right size and one that is too big.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Choosing the Right Breast Implant

+1

Hello. The size of the implant depends on your height, weight, and the width of the thorax, as well as the thickness of your skin. It is difficult to give an accurate answer without an examination. Your plastic surgeon will be able to help you with this decision, as he/she will be choosing the size of your implants during surgery.

Jaime Perez, MD
Breast Implant Specialist
Plastic Surgery Center of Tampa

Jaime Perez, MD

What is the right size?

+1

There is very little difference between the two sizes, but I would go with the larger. Four to six months after surgery the pressure of the implant will cause your normal breast tissue to thin out a little. You will then end up slightly smaller. I always tell patients to go a little larger than they want, knowing they will get smaller later. Rarely do I have patients who think they are too large after surgery, but all the time I hear regrets that they didn't go big enough. A 275cc implant stuffed in your bra is going to make you look larger then a 275cc implant placed in the breast. I tell patients that if they like the volume of a particular implant in their bra, they need to consider one at least 50 ccs larger to actually implant in their breast. Under or over the muscle is the patients option, but in most instances I advise under.

Charles E. Hollingsworth, MD
Texarkana Plastic Surgeon

Best Breast Implant Size for Me?

+1

You will find that there is  minimal difference between the 2 breast implant sizes that you are contemplating.

In my opinion,  additional  communication with your plastic surgeon is the best way to go. you may want to leave it up to him to choose the best breast implant size based on this communication and your specific measurements.  

I prefer to have a full range of breast implant sizes/profiles available for use in the operating room. After clearing communication with patients ( with the use of goal pictures)  and the use of intraoperative sizers as well as careful measurements/dimensional planning I select breast implant size/profile to meet patient's goals.    Again, this selection is made during surgery.

Also, I would suggest that you do not base  communication of your goals or your level of satisfaction with the results of surgery on a specific cup size ( which can vary from one bra manufacturer to another).

Best wishes with your upcoming surgery.

No difference from 25 cc's in implants

+1

There is really no difference between a 275 and a 300 cc breast implant as long as they are of the same profile style.  Go with whichever you feel more comfortable.  The 300's will get a little closer in the middle as they are slightly wider.  Ask your doctor to help you finalize this.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS