In Office Deflation Led to Implant Rubbing Against my Tissue Causing Pain and Discomfort?

I had an in office deflation of my 12 year old saline implants. I want them explanted now but can't do it because the office can't find any surgical place that has an opening until almost 3weeks from now. I reached out to his nurse to explain i'm in pain, the implant has a sharp point that is pressing so hard against my skin and can't push it in. However they explain that there's nothing they can do because everything is full. What can i do?

Deflated implants

+2

A deflated implant often folds and that is probably what is bothering you.  If you want your surgery sooner, perhaps see another surgeon?

Office Deflation

+2

Sorry to hear of your difficulties. If that surgeon can't do the removal promptly, your only option is to find another surgeon--call around. Best wishes.

Pain after deflation

+2

The sharp point you are feeling is a fold in the implant. That is not uncommon after an implant deflation. I hope you will be able to get the implants removed sooner than you indicate if you are in pain as described. I don't understand why they were deflated before removing them. Normally we would deflate them during surgery on the day they were removed or simply remove them intact.

Discomfort after Deflation of Breast Implant?

+1

I'm sorry to hear about the discomfort you are experiencing after deflation of your breast implant. I would suggest that you communicate with your plastic surgeon directly and see if the (relatively brief) procedure can be scheduled any sooner if he is involved in the process. Otherwise, your only other option may be additional consultations.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/breast-implant-removal.htm