In-office Breast Lift Revision? (photo)

Is it reasonable to think an in-office procedure can correct significant asymmetry after BA w/ BL? Left breast is lower, larger, and heavier than right. My surgeon says he can do in-office revision to bring that nipple an inch higher and even them up. Can this also correct the disparity in size? Right breast was always smaller - why didn't he use two different sized implants? He has 30 years experience, I thought that should count for something. Placement of implants feels very different too.

In-office Breast Lift Revision?

+4

NO! You need in operating room revision based upon the posted photos. Either seek another surgeon or discuss with the first in detail your concerns. In office non certified operating room is not acceptable for what you may need in the revision. Please be careful. 

Correction of breast asymmetry.

+1

From the photos you posted, the size discrepancy alone will require a different implant. As you can see, the crescent lift distorts the areolas, leaveing them oblong. A revision in the operating room is your best option.

David Bogue, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Uneven breasts one month after surgery

+1

There are two main issues, as you pointed out: size difference and nipples at difference heights. If you want to have both corrected, the procedure, whether its done on one or both breasts, is fairly substantial and should not be done under local. If all he is planning to do is raise the nipple, then it may be possible to do under local, although I personally would do it under general anesthesia. I also dont think you will be satisfied with the result if you are looking for symmetry. If the procedure is done in an accredited surgery center, whether in a doctor's office or a stand alone surgery center, then that is ok. In most cases its better to wait a few months to let things settle and see if you need to have a revision but based on your photos, it does look like you will need a revision, and not necessarily a minor one.

Paul Wigoda, MD
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

Breast asymmetry and revision

+1

I assume that by your description that your surgeon has an accredited office OR to perform a revision. It looks like you need a revisoin of the areola on the right +/- mastopexy, and a reduction of the breast and/or implant w itha  formal lift on the left.  Good luck.

Realistic expectations from breast surgery

+1

You are correct in that you don't have a great result at the present time.  But your starting point wasn't easy either as I can tell from your current look.  Revision can help but it is too soon.  Better after 4-6 months of healing have taken place.  Whether it is under local or general is really up to you and your surgeon and how much is going to be done.  I always use the same implant in cases like yours and just adjust the tissue in the lift taking a little off the bigger one to make them match.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Breast Lift and Augmentation Revision in the Office

+1

I would wait at least 3 months after surgery before revising the result as implant settling and dropping will continue.  Using local anesthesia is reasonable to improve a lift result as this will be a skin only procedure.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

In-office Breast Lift Revision?

+1

Thanks for adding photos to your original posting. You had commented that your surgeon has a surgical suite, and that you will have some oral sedation. 

Revising the breast lift seems reasonable to do with local anesthesia. Discuss with your surgeon whether an exchange of an implant is to be done. That also can be done under local provided you get a good result from the anesthetic. 

I would question doing this just a month after surgery, since the implants may still drop some, and swelling decrease some. If you can live with the result for a couple more months, the chance of needing still another revision will be less.

Thanks for your question, and for the posted photos.  Best wishes.