I'm in my Mid-thirties and Am Wondering if I Should Get Cellulaze Done Now or Wait Until It Gets Worse?

I have some cellulite on my rear end and back of my thighs. Its not awful, but I assume it will worsen as I age. I know there are no guarantees, but is it thought that having cellulaze done now could prevent it from getting worse, or should I hold off until it has progressed more? What I'm wondering is if I get it down now, will new cellulite appear as I age like it would if I had nothing done, or will this decrease/prevent it from forming?

Cellulaze treatment in my 30's

+4

There is no reason to wait until your Cellulite worsens, in general, before having the procedure - unless you have very minimal cellulite.  If your cellulite is moderate to severe, postponing probably does not offer any benefit.  It is not known if the procedure prevents cellulite from ever forming, as it has been studied to treat cellulite that is currently present. 

Cellulaze in Young Woman with Early Cellulite

+4

Hi,

Cellulaze is a new technology used to treat cellulite.  It seems to be promising, but as with all new devices, I prefer to be conservative in their use.  If you are young with minimal cellulite, it won't hurt to wait a year or so to determine the safety and effectiveness of Cellulaze in cllinical use.  The last thing that you want is to have an adverse event when your concerns were not so bad to begin with.  As with all treatments, be sure to choose your treating physician carefully.  Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD

+2

Cellulite can occur in upto 85% of all women.  It is cause by fibrous bands.  Using the cellulaze to relase these bands has shown good long term results - upto two years.  If it bothers you, you should it done.  The technology is based on the Smart Lipo Triplex that has been around for awhile and proven to be very safe.

Rigo Mendoza, MD

Cellulaze will improve mild cellulite as well

+2

It is always best to treat a problem when it is not very severe, as the results are much better and may last longer.

By treating cellulite when it starts, it may be possible to have outcomes that are much better than what could be obtained once the condition has become severe.

Mario Diana, MD
Plano Plastic Surgeon

Cellulaze is most effective against moderate degrees of cellulite.

+2

Cellulaze is most effective against moderate degrees of cellulite.  Cellulite is graded by the modified Muller Nurnberger scale which most physicians treating cellulite are familiar with.

If your cellulite is minimal then whatever improvement you get from Cellulaze is harder to recognize, because your cellulite was not that bad to begin with.

With moderate degrees of cellulite the improvement is easier to recognize and the effect is very long lasting.

Some patients with severe cellulite are also good candidates for Cellulaze treatments but need to have realistic expectations about the results that they can achieve.  Definite improvement is achieved in these patients, but some signs of cellulite are likely to remain.

Cellulaze treats the three causes of cellulite:

1. thinning skin
  2. fat herniation into the deep surface of the fat
  3. fibrous bands which create dimpling

The results are very long term and treating someone in an earlier stage of cellulite will likely help prevent them from progressing to the later stages although this has not been studied or verified with trials.

Richard H. Fryer, MD
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

Should I get Cellulaze done now or wait until it gets worse?

+2

This is a difficult question to answer without an in-person consultation because I'd really have to see the extent off your current cellulite. By your mid-thirties you should be seeing the foundation of permanent cellulite which means if it were treated with Cellulaze there is a good chance it will not come back within w few years. It may never come back or get worse once treated but there is not enough long-term studies (5 to 10 years) to know for sure. I would advice that you find a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon near you who offers Cellulaze and get an in-person consultation to see what your options are.

Andrew Kaczynski, MD
Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

Cellulaze Treatment and Age

+1

There is no benefit to waiting until your cellulite gets worse as you age.  Early data shows results are lasting for years based on the studies done during FDA trials.  I see the best results when treating with Cellulaze for patients who have mild to moderate cellulite. 

Jeffrey W. Hall, MD

Stop Cellulite now

+1

There is no need to wait for it to worsen. This is a quick procedure to rid you of cellulite, it method promotes skin thickening resulting in tighter, smoother skin.

Bruce E. Katz, MD

Cellulaze Treatment

+1
Cellulaze delivers best results for women who are not significantly overweight but have mild to moderate cellulite on their thighs. Please talk to your Cellulaze physician to get the best information cellulite laser treatments.

Daniel Shapiro, MD

Cellulaze

+1

Cellulaze is a FDA approved one time treatment that utilizes a 1440 nm wavelength laser to accomplish 3 things:  1) melt away fat bulging out 2) break up fibrous septae (attachments) that create the indentations and 3) help thicken the dermis (skin) to prevent future recurrence.   The procedure can take between 60-90 minutes and can be completed under local or just IV sedation (depending on the length of your procedure and number of areas being treated). To see your final results takes between 3-6 months. You can visit the cellulaze . com website to learn more about the procedure and find a plastic surgeon who performs the procedure near you. Best of luck!
Dr. Basu
Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS