I'm in my Mid 20s but my Eyes Makes Me Look Much Older, Periorbital Fat Injections a Good Option for Me? (photo)

I'm in my Mid 20s but my Eyes Makes Me Look Much Older, Periorbital Fat Injections a Good Option for Me?

Older appearing eyes in a young patient

+2

Your eyes appears older for two reasons:  1) you have eyelid ptosis (droopy upper eyelid);  2) hollows upper eyelids.  Fat injections or filler injection can help with #2.  For #1, you may need ptosis surgery.  Consult an oculoplastic surgeon.

Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Periorbital fat injections ..good?

+2

No they are not good they are great. They are probably the most youth restorative procedure there is...Yes..better than facelift or any fillers..The results are absolutely amazing..It must e done by an experienced expert or you may get lumps

Richard Ellenbogen, MD

Fat grafting under the eyes

+1

Fat transfer to the lower eyelid and cheek area is very high yield procedure, though it is technically more challenging. Find a fat grafting surgeon who is comfortable treating this area to see what options you have. Your photos are somewhat limited but I suspect that adding volume to the region would help create a more youthful contour.

Another option is to use an in office filler injection such as restylane.

Thomas A. Lamperti, MD

Fat transfer for the eyes

+1

Dear alliec,

I agree with Dr Ellenbogen in that fat transfer around the eyes, when done properly, produce great results.  The fat feels and looks natural and is very long lasting.  Temporary fillers such as Restylane may be worth a try and can give you an idea of what a fat transfer will look like.  I do fat transfers around the eyes with almost every lower eyelid surgery and it looks great.

Nima Shemirani

Nima Shemirani, MD

Eyes making a 20 year old look old

+1

I see that you have gotten various, and a little contradictory answers.  I agree with you:  I do think your eyes make you look old because of apparent volume loss.  This could be addressed with various surgical options.  But a more conservative approach would be to augment volume with fillers or with fat.  I actually have seen lumps with fat transfer to this area, and persistent edema from Juvederm.  My choice would be Restylane or Silikon 1000 but I think you will get a lot of different answers.  Find someone (a provider) you trust and listen to their advice.

Lawrence Kass, MD
Saint Petersburg Oculoplastic Surgeon

Fat Injections for Periorbital Area

+1

In my opinion, the under eye area is one of the more challenging areas. In my experience good results can be achieved with fat injections to that area! I think for you personally it could help to create a less dramatic contour from your eyelid to your cheek and help to give a smoother transition between these areas. Thus alleviating the look of "bags" and helping to make the face appear more awake and youthful!

There are also the options of filler, such as Restylane. In practice I have found that Restylane has worked the best for our clients in that area. I have even seen patients notice results up to a year and a half!

Hope that this is helpful!

Philip Young, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Peri orbital fat is NOT a good choice.

+1

Fat injections around the eyes can easily form lumps.  A better choice is Juviderm placed slowly and not overfilled.