I'm in my Late Twenties and Considering Treatments..are Any of These Options Worthwhile/waste?

My skin has gotten quite rough looking and fatigued (particularly in the eye area- dark circles). I recently had a consultation with a beautician and she recommended getting nothing done extensive as I am too young (27). She recommended a mild chemical microdermabrasion and I am also looking at nlight laser rejuvenation for the eye area. Area any of these treatments worthwhile for 27 years of age or do you have any other recommendations. Injections are my last resort option.

Laser Rejuvenation Options

+1

Since you are against dermal fillers, I suggest the gentle treatments of a non-ablative Fraxel treatment. Fraxel laser treatments addresses eyelid tightening, fine lines, wrinkles, surface scarring, sun spot pigmentation and sun damage. Consult with a dermatologist to see if the Fraxel re:fine or Fraxel DUAL 1550/1927 is the better option for you.

Redondo Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Worthwhile skincare investiments

+1

Besides using sunscreen every day and avoiding too much direct sun exposure, there ARE several things you can do, even without spending a lot of time and money such as laser, peels, creams, etc.

Don't overlook the importance of nutrition (fish, fresh vegetables, fruit to name a few), hydration(recommended daily intake of 8, 8oz. of water), vitamins and SLEEP.  Many people are sleep deprived and this takes its toll on your skin as well as your overall well being.

So, eat, drink and sleep for younger looking skin!

~ Dr. Gregory Diehl

Gregory Diehl, MD, FACS
Long Island Plastic Surgeon

Skin Care at 27

+1

I suggest that you see a dermatologist or plastic surgeon to assess your skin.

A beautician cannot prescribe the medications that you are most likely to need.

And I agree - no fillers. They don't change the quality of the skin.

I suspect you have some mild skin damage from sun, have past skin problems or have a very sensitive skin.

I have seen skin care alone get rid of dark circles. Peels and lasers can be added if the creams alone are not enough. 

Above all - avoid the sun. Damage from sun and cigarettes age us.

Best wishes and good luck!

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD

Skin care

+1

You have many options available for improving your skin.

Microdermabersion does not make any long term improvement.  the range of procedures range from good medical grade skin care, chemical peels, and fractional CO2 laser resurfacing.