In Mid 20's with Puffy Eyes and Pink Blood Vessels Under Eye? (photo)

I am a female in my mid 20's & I am developing larger bags under my eyes & my left eye is puffier.Could it be caused by sleeping on that side of my body? The crease of my under eye bags is extremely pink & appears to be a bunch of red blood vessels & my left eye is worse. I have gone to a vein and laser center but they think that I have puffy eyes due to my allergies. I use creams, had microderm and facial peel and nothing I do seems to help. I am desperate for recommendations.

Puffy eyes and pink vessels

+1

The puffiness is created by herniated fat pads in the lower eyelid.  The fatty deposits are removed with a transconjunctival lower blepharoplasty.  Pink vessels on the lower lids could be coming from a variety of sources, so a individual treatment plan would be formulated after a complete physical exam.  Make sure your allergies are under control with nasal sprays, antihistamines environmental controls, allergy testing, etc.    

Why Do I Have Excessive Lower Eyelid Bags At Age 20?

+1

Dear Ebony, You have retrusive or underdeveloped lower orbital bones.  You need something to push up the tissues of your lower eyelids.  A quick and easy fix, although temporary, would be the injection of Radiesse.  This procedure, if done by an experienced Board Certified plastic surgeon, can push the tissue of your lower eyelid back where it belongs by increasing the firm tissue in your upper cheek just below your lower eyelid.

A second, more permanent solution, would be the placement of cheek implants.  These, if positioned correctly, will replicate your infraorbital bone, get rid of your lower eyelid bags, and improve your overall facial appearance.

S. Larry Schlesinger, MD, FACS
Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

Rosacea

+1

Rosacea may be a possibility. It is often underdiagnosed. You may want to see a dermatologist or an Oculoplastics surgeon.

A.J. Amadi, MD
Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon