In Need of Help For Surgeries Financially?

I would like to know if there's a program for people who can't afford 20 grand or get a loan? I had a bad hysterectomy and has left me numb, lopsided,pain and a rash. Tummy tuck is the only way to fix me. My self esteem is gone! Thanks to this! I just want to be normal again! Any info would be greatly appreciated!

$20000 is too much for a tummy tuck!

+2

As you can see by the average Tummy Tuck Cost listing above for RealSelf patients ($7975), $20K is extremely overpriced for a tummy tuck, even on the East or West coasts!

We charge about that same amount ($8K total cost) in our nationally-accredited (AAAASF) Minneapolis office surgical facility, but of course the cost is higher if you require an extended tummy tuck or request liposuction of other areas at the same operation. Hospital-based plastic surgeons' total costs are often higher (because of the overall elevated hospital fees, and perhaps because of overnight stay), but ABPS-certified plastic surgeons who operate in their own surgical facilities must have national accreditation, and offer the advantage of better anesthesia, no sick patient exposure, and a dedicated staff and facility--at lower cost!

Another option would be to check with a plastic surgical training facility (usually a major university or teaching hospital) with resident cosmetic surgery clinics that offer reduced-rate surgery by plastic surgery fellows still in training. But unless you are lucky enough to get a rising but yet-unknown plastic surgery superstar, you may end up getting what you pay (less) for!

Why not get several (usually free) consultations with ABPS-certified plastic surgeons, one or more who may operate their own cost-effective accredited surgical facilities? You may be surprised at the actual costs. Financing plans are also available in many offices. Best wishes! Dr. Tholen

Web reference: http://www.mpsmn.com/body-procedures/tummy-tuck

Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

In Need of Help

+2

A tummy tuck may make you less lopsided and help with a rash if you have overlapping skin, but won't help with pain or numbness. The price you quote is rather high for most areas. You can see on RealSelf the average fees paid by patients for  this procedure is quite lower.

If you are near a University Hospital, often there are reduced fees available in resident clinics. Thanks for your question, best wishes.

Insurance may cover your surgery but only if there is functional impairment

+2

Health insurance can cover certain plastic surgery procedures.  However, you have to demonstrate that you have a functional need for your to get it covered.  This demonstration can only come from documentation by your doctors either your internist, dermatologist, etc.  Depending on your insurance company, the difficulty of getting procedures covered may vary.  Some require photographs.  Others require medical records.

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Cost

+1

The average cost for this surgery in the new york area is between $8,000 and $12,500. This is dependant on the amount of work that needs to be done

Tummy tuck cost

+1

20K is much more than you need to pay for a good tummy tuck.  You can finance your surgery using CareCredit.  You can even get pre-approved on line prior to your consult. Just go to their website.

Financing

+1

Other than getting a loan, there are no special programs. 20,000 is a very high cost for a tummy tuck. It is typically less than 10,000 in Nashville.