In Need of Full Abdominalplasty Mini or Full? (photo)

Since given birth to my last child in 2003, my skin has stretched so badly and now I have this hanging skin. My question is: Is there any way for me to have this surgery pro bono or on a payment plan? I ask that you please consider my request. I know that there is anesthesia charges etcc involved in a procedure like this and I am willing to pay for that cost. I am enclosing photos of my stomach so that you can see for yourself why I am requesting your assistance.

Full Tummy Tuck Rather than MiniTummy Tuck

+1

Minitummy tuck suits very few women.  I usually perform a short-scar tummy tuck instead of a minitummy tuck.  The short scar tummy tuck takes out 2 or 3 times as much skin as the minitummy tuck with the same length of scar.  Having said all of that, you would benefit from a full tummy tuck to address your degree of skin laxity.

Full Abdominoplasty Gives a Full Result

+1

From the photos you have submitted, I would think that you would benefit the most from a full abdominoplasty.  Mini-tummy tucks, in my practice, are reserved for women who have very little excess skin, but a lot of muscle laxity usually from carrying large babies.  Not infrequently do they have umbilical hernias.  The amount of skin resected in mini-abdominoplasty is small.  The full abdominoplasty can address more skin laxity at the same time as muscle laxity.  It would be best to seek a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon to find out all of your options.  Thanks, Kent V. Hasen, MD, Aesthetic Plastic Surgery of Naples.

Kent V. Hasen, MD
Naples Plastic Surgeon

Mini vs full

+1

Hello and thanks for the question,

From looking at your pictures I would recommend a full tummy tuck.  There really isn't much difference in the incision length between the two and you will get a much better result. 

Some practices have payment plans.  We have several in my practice.

Good luck!

Guy Cappuccino, MD
Mount Airy Plastic Surgeon

+1

A mini procedure usually leads to a mini result.

In my experience very few patients are candidates for the mini-abdominoplasty.

I would recommend a full abdominoplasty or nothing at all.

Each practice has its own payment policies.

However, in plastic surgery as in life, you need to keep in mind that you often receive what you pay for.

All the best.

Eric Pugash, MD
Vancouver Plastic Surgeon

TT--full or mini

+1

A mini-TT will only address the part of the abdomen below the navel. Very few patients asking about a mini are actually good candidates. Clearly from the photos, you would benfit from a full abdominoplasty. 

Each office has its own financial policy, many work with credit agencies. 

Thanks for your question, best wishes.

Full or mini tummy tuck

+1

From your photos you will need a full abdominoplasty to remove the excess skin and address the abdominal wall laxity.  You will have to discuss payment options with the surgeon you choose.  Donald R. Nunn MD  Atlanta Plastic Surgeon.

Donald Nunn, MD

In Need of Full Abdominalplasty Mini or Full?

+1

Full TT is your need. As far as doing "pro bono" surgery that is a very unusual request. At best the costs to complete a full TT runs around $4,000. So If you can find a boarded PS to do this operation at that fee than you would have a pro bono surgery. Otherwise most would charge between $6,000 to $8,000 range. Plus I recommend lipo on your hips and back. Maybe aggressive weight loss is an option? 

Mini or Full Tummy Tuck?

+1

Thank you for the question at pictures. I think, assuming you are medically fit and have achieved a long-term stable weight, that you will do very well with a full tummy tuck operation.

In my opinion, the mini tummy tuck is an  operation that  produces very limited results and is very rarely indicated. It involves a shorter incision but does not address the majority of the abdominal wall issues present for most patients who present consultation. For example, the area of skin excised is quite small. The abdominal wall musculature is addressed below the umbilicus leaving the upper number wall potentially lax. The appearance of the umbilicus is not necessarily addressed sufficiently.
For most patients who have had pregnancies and/or weight loss a full abdominoplasty is necessary to achieve the desired results. Of course, there are downsides (including a longer scar and probably a longer recovery time) but for most patients the benefits outweigh the downsides. It is not unusual to see patients who've had mini tummy tuck  surgery present for  revisionary surgery.

Full tummy tuck

+1

Based on your photos. I feel that you need a full Abdominoplasty.  Especially to address the areas above your umbilicus.  We offer many different payment plans and options so please feel free to call. Good luck 

Sanjay Lalla, MD, FACS
West Orange Plastic Surgeon

Abdominoplasty

+1

Based on your pictures, you look like you are a good candidate for a tummy tuck / abdominoplasty.  However, you would need to be seen in consultation to ensure that you are also a good candidate medically.  As for the finances, there are credit options or payment plans, but if you cannot afford the surgery, it may not be the right choice at this time.

Good Luck.

David Shafer, MD