I Was in Contact with Second Hand Smoke for a Couple Minutes Today at Work, I'm Having Facelift in a Week, Do I Need to Cancel?

I am having a facelift and under eye lift in 7 days. I quit smoking for good weeks ago. Today my boss lit a cigarette at work. I was exposed to the second hand smoke for approx. 3 to 5 minutes. Do I need to worry or cancel my surgery because of this. Our office is pretty big, if that makes a difference.

Second Hand Smoking Exposure

Congratulations on quitting smoking!  You are probably feeling better in addition to saving money.  Several minutes of 2nd hand exposure should not increase your risk over your current baseline.  Try to avoid exposure in the weeks to come and best of luck with your procedure!

Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

9407 Cypress Lake Drive
Fort Myers, FL 33919

Couple of Minutes of Second Hand Smoke 1 Week Prior to Facelift

Couple of Minutes of Second Hand Smoke 1 Week Prior to Facelift should not compromise the surgery.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

435 North Roxbury Drive
Beverly Hills, CA 90210

Brief exposure to second hand smoke. Effect on upcoming facelift.

Fist of all, congratulations on quitting smoking.  This is a big accomplishment and is a large factor in getting a good result from your facelift.  Second hand smoke is a big problem.  In your particular case of; one time, brief, transient exposure to second hand smoke should not be enough exposure to be a problem with your upcoming surgery.  Best to always double check with your surgeon and follow his/her recomendations.

Jeffrey Roth, MD

9280 W. Sunset Rd.
Las Vegas, NV 89148

Second hand smoke before face lift that was minimal in nature

You don't have to cancel your surgery. This seems to me to be pretty minimal exposure. It should not effect your surgery at all.

Philip Young, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

1810 116th Ave. NE
Bellevue, WA 98004

Exposure to 2nd Hand Smoke Prior To Surgery

I would think that a few minutes of 2nd hand smoke exposure would be fine but I would suggest you calling your surgeons office and letting them know and see if they have any recommendations for you.

8851 Center Drive
San Diego, CA 91942

Facelift and Second Hand Smokinge

Being exposed to second hand smoking is a concern when preparing yourself for facelift surgery. What we mean is usually the daily exposure for hours rather than one time for a few minutes. It is rarely possible for us to control our environment 100%.

I would think that you are in a safe place.

Frank P. Fechner, MD
Worcester Facial Plastic Surgeon

428 Shrewsbury Street
Worcester, MA 01604

2nd hand smoke before Facelift

It is highly unlikely that you will have problems resulting from a few minutes of second hand smoke.  Don't stress over that, but follow your surgeons instructions for your best result.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

980 Johnson Ferry Road
Atlanta, GA 30342

Minimal Second Hand Smoke Not Significant

It is highly doubtful that a few minutes of second hand smoke would have significant negative effects one week prior to surgery. I would go ahead and not worry about it.

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

3991 MacArthur Boulevard
Newport Beach, CA 92660

Second hand smoke

It is unlikely that exposure to 2nd hand smoke for five or less minutes would create any problems.  If you want reassurance discuss with your surgeon.

Sam Naficy, MD

1110 112th Ave NE
Bellevue, WA 98004

You can get tested for nicotine in system

Here at our practice if a patient is concerned that he/she may have nicotine in their system from second hand smoke we offer them a nicotine test to give them piece of mind.

Ben Hugo, MD
Virginia Beach Plastic Surgeon

328 Louisa Avenue
Virginia Beach, VA 23454