In Choosing the Size of Breast Implants Desired, What Things Should I Consider? (photo)

I recently posted a question asking if I could go from a 34aa to 700ccs without a lift. I have severly sagging breast with no volume. I am adding a picture. I have a medium frame. I stand 5'7 and I am 145lbs. Again, I desired a full C cup... but I need advice as to what would fit well with my body.

Could I go from a 34aa breast cup to 700ccs implants without a lift.

+2

Respectfully, I think you question is NOT asked peoperly. The question should be: Dr. If this was your mother or daughter would you rtecommend a Breast Lift OR could you achive the same long term objectives with a 700cc implants?

I'll answer the latter.

Breast implants are filled either with salt water or with silicone gel. Putting either one in the breast adds weight to the breast. A Breast Augmentation adds VOLUME (and weight) to the breast with minimal lift. Adding 700 cc to the breast would lift it temporary and then thin the breast and make it sag rapidly.

The BEST zsolution for a sagging breast is a Breast lift by itself OR a Breast Lift with a breast Augmentation.

Peter A Aldea, MD
Memphis, TN

What to Consider before Breast Augmentation?

+2

Thank you for the question and pictures. 

The best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery is:
1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining  breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural”  or “C cup” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.  In other words, I would suggest that you do not base your communication and/or satisfaction with the results of surgery on  achieving a specific cup size.

3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.

Breast Reshaping combined with Small Implant with Lift

+1

If you are size 34 each 100 cc of implant will correspond to 1 cup size change.  To go to a C you will need approximately 200 cc's.  However, you have extremely saggy breasts.  Therefore, you will need a simultaneous breast lift.  There is a new procedure called Breast Augmentation with Mini Ultimate Breast Lift.  Using a circumareola incision your breast tissue is lifted higher on the chest wall, moved more medially to increase cleavage and reshaped to increase projection.  This will allow a smaller implant to achieve the projection your desire.  A 700 cc implant would weigh 1 1/2 lbs each and the mechanical load to your chest will cause your breasts to descend even further and faster.  You are setting yourself up for repeat operations and failure.  Remember the goal of breast surgery is to achieve beautiful breasts.  Beauty is determined by several factors including symmetry, position of breast on the chest wall, areola position, skin tone, cleavage and least of all volume.  The goal is to achieve a natural look without vertical scar of the traditional lift procedures.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

In Choosing the Size of Breast Implants Desired, What Things Should I Consider?

+1

Over the internet even with posted photos DOES not substitute for in person evaluations. My guess is you need a very large implant in the 600 to 800 range. The scar risks with a lift can not be disregarded. So plan a staged operation. First stage implants than 3 months later a lift if needed. Just a thought. 

Things to consider in choosing breast implant size

+1

The key to success with breast augmentation is balancing your goals with choices that will increase your chances of a long lasting result. You insightfully asked what would fit well with your body. You must find a balance between 2 competing issues: getting a large enough size and picking an implant your body will support. In general, I recommend:

• Pick a breast implant that is slightly narrower than your breast width. Usually, this will keep things proportional and avoid going too large.
  • Avoid going too large, especially when you have thin tissues. Implants that are too big can excessively stretch your tissues and deteriorate your result. 
  • Be cautious about going larger to avoid a lift. You will likely get a better-shaped, longer-lasting result with an appropriate sized implant plus a lift.

You appear to have minimal sag. You would probably get a nice result with an augmentation alone. It depends on your measurements, but 350-400 cc would probably get you around a C cup. Thanks for the good question.

Michael Vennemeyer, MD

Michael Vennemeyer, MD
Southlake Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation

+1

Thank you for the pictures.  I think you are a good candidate for a breast augmentation to reinflate your breasts.  With enough volume, I do not think you would need a lift.  Also, if you desire a full C cup then a 700cc implant will make you way too big.  I would recommend a 350-400cc moderate plus profile implant to achieve your goals.  Thank you for the question.

Kindest regards,

Neil J. Zemmel

Neil J. Zemmel, MD, FACS
Richmond Plastic Surgeon

Breast implant sizing

+1

The sizing of the implant depends on your height, weight and your chest width. You can rarely if ever make up for true breast ptosis or sagging by just increasing the size and or volume of the implant. The shape may help a little in the final appearance.

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

Breast imlant size

+1

Thank you for your question and photos. In order to determine the correct implant size for you, there are several factors which must be considered.  Your height, weight, anatomical structure, breast size and shape, skin quality are amongst a few.  The consultation with a board certified physician will help you determine the right implant as well as the right procedure for you.  Based on the photos you provided, I believe that you would do well with a breast augmentation alone (no lift), however the size of the implant you mentioned may be a bit large especially if your goal is a full C cup as you stated.  

Sean Simon MD

Sean A. Simon, MD

Choosing The Right Breast Implants

+1

I cannot tell for certain looking at your photos, but it may be possible for you to obtain a result with which you are happy without a lift.  I definitely think that you need to rethink your choice of sizes, however.  A 700cc implant is way too large and will give you a fake look with a much larger cup size than C.

John Whitt, MD