I Am in Breast Cancer Treatment (Femara) Can the Ultherapy Be Safe for Me?

Ultherapy and Breast Cancer

+1
Ultherapy is not contraindicated in patients with active breast cancer or those who are being treated with oral chemotheray. However, it would be prudent to wait until such treatment in completed. Since patients typically take something like tamoxifen for 5 years or so, you could get it during that time. I don't recommend it if you are getting intravenous chemotherapy. 

Buffalo General Surgeon

Ultherapy for patients with breast cancer - Los Angeles

+1

Ultherapy is not contraindicated on the neck or face in patients who have had previous breast cancer. I would simply not do the procedure while you are under chemotherapy or radiation.

Raffy Karamanoukian Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Ultherapy and Breast Cancer Treatment

+1

Ultherapy should not be a problem for someone taking Femara as it is a non invasive treatment.  You can always double check with your oncologist.  Good luck to you.

A. Joshua Zimm, MD