Is My Expectation Realistic For a Smaller Nose? (photo)

This is in Addition to my Question About Whether my Expectations Are Realistic for Rhinoplasty. The simulation isn't perfect but the two photos provided are approximate changes which include bringing the nasal bone closer to the face and reducing the amount of cartilage at the tip. I suppose the aesthetic I'm going for is a small nose like the other photos below.  ...Given this particular aesthetic, which doctors do this kind of work best?

Expectations

+1

In general your expectations are realistic but your simulation has a slight scooping of the bridge which you could do without.  Be sure to use a surgeon with a great deal of experience in rhinoplasty and ideally one performing at least 100 rhinoplasty procedures/year

Web reference: http://www.seattlerhinoplasty.com/html/before_n_after_set2.php?procedure=primary_rhinoplasty/w400&id=01

Realistic Expectations for Rhinoplasty

+1

Your expectations are realistic but I would that that you have lowered the bridge line a little too much at the junction of the upper and middle thirds of your nose. You want an experienced surgeon who specializes in rhinoplasties and shares your aesthetic tastes. Look at his/her results in noses like yours.

Possible to get smaller nose

+1

The simulation you provided seems very reasonable to address with rhinoplasty surgery. Surgery can make your nose smaller by deprojecting the tip and refining the bridge.

To find the right doctor you should find a surgeon who has before and after photos of similar types of rhinoplasties that you like. Not everyone has the same aesthetic. You want someone who has extensive experience with rhinopasty, as well.

Web reference: http://www.drlamperti.com/facial-plastic-surgery/rhinoplasty

Realistic Imaging in Rhinoplasty

+1

The side profile changes that you are showing are realistic with some caveats. Hump reduction and lower the dorsal line is a common rhinoplasty manuever but your imaging shows an overreduced dorsum (saddle nose) that could be problematic later in life. In essence, the reduction in the bridge of the nose is overdone. Reshaping the nasal tip to make it more narrow is another common manuever but you have made the tip a bit too small and petite overall. These are small criticisms of your imaging but could be important if you are expecting your nose to look exactly like you have shown.

Web reference: http://www.eppleyrhinoplasty.com

Rhinoplasty a possibility?

+1

Your desired changes seem to be, based on your morphed images, a reduction in the height of the dorsum as well as decreased tip projection.

While these changes may be possible, the best way to determine what is best for you is through a face-to-face consultation with your Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who emphasizes in Rhinoplasty. 

The best chance a patient has in getting a good rhinoplasty result is having it done right the first time. A revision rhinoplasty has higher rates of complication, and limited donor cartilage if skin and soft tissue support is necessary. 

Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon

Your expectation for rhinoplasty is about right

+1

Based on the photo you sent and the simulation, we have important information as to what you like and expect, and have an insight into what is realistic. I think what you see can come true.

Web reference: http://www.peterejohnsonmd.com/rhinoplasty

Achieving rhinoplasty expectations, find the right surgeon!

+1

Your expectations are reasonable however the simulation depicts an overrescted midvault that would not be ideal for you and would certainly age poorly.  My advice is find a true plasticc and reconstructive surgeon with craniofacial, aesthetic and reconstructive experience to guide you through these decisions.  I commonly see patients that have had 1-3 rhinoplasties with devastating results.  Ideally a person should only have one rhinoplasty and end up with a beautiful result.  There are many different kinds of doctors that market themselves as rhinoplasty experts with varying training and experience so make sure you understand the doctor's background.  I also feel that a patient should really 'let the doctor talk first' as much as possible.  Doing so allows the patient to see if the surgeons immediate vision for their nose is close to what they desire.  There are certain facial features and findings that should guide the design of a rhinoplasty and these should be carefully analyzed and respected.  It will be evident whether these properties are respected in the naturallity of the end result.  I hope this helps!

Rian A. Maercks M.D.

Web reference: http://www.rianmaercksmd.com

Expectations for rhinoplasty

+1

Good pictures. 

You should be able to achieve your desired result based on what you have presented.  Shaping the dorsal hump and refining the tip should be straightforward.  Find a board certified plastic surgeon.

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.