Possible Improving Thin Upper Lip with a Natural Look? (photo)

I have a very thin upper lip.However I have the pink part of my upper lip not showing.I want to get my lips done but I want a very natural look. I have provided 2 photos the first one shows what my lips look like naturally the other what my upper lip looks like when I lift it.What could I do?

Possible Improving Thin Upper Lip with a Natural Look?

+2

I have performed Lip Augmentation for over 20 years and IMHO, the gold standard is the Alloderm Lip Implant that will enhance the upper lip in a very natural and attractive manner.  I have used Alloderm Lip Implants for over 20 years.  I  wrote a scientific paper on the various methods of Lip Augmentation and found Alloderm to be superior to all the rest.

Improving a thin upper lip.

+1

Thank you for your photos.  In the face it is a good idea to start with something non permanent.  The soft and hard tissue of the face will change with time.  We usually start out with a hyaluronic acid based filler, (i.e.; juvederm, restylane).  It looks like you may benefit from some volume in the upper lip.  Best to see a few experienced injectors and see what they offer.  It can look natural and get the volume that you want.  

Jeffrey Roth, MD

Natural Appearing Lip Augmentation

+1

There are a couple of options you may want to consider to achieve natural appearing fullness in your lips: 1) fillers which are temporary, but will give you fullness in the upper lip and 2) a lip implant which is more of a permanent solution but is reversible.  Please consult with a board certified surgeon who can best assist you in achieving the results you desire.

Kimberly Lee, MD

Engancing thin upper lip with fillers

+1

A minimally invasive solution to your thin upper lip is injection with a filler such as juvederm.  Since you desire a natural look, your injector should start conservatively with a small amount of product.  The product can be injected to

1. line the border of the lip and
  2. enhance the meat of the upper lip. 

You will see the results immediately so you can guide the injector as to how big you want your upper lip.  I also take into consideration the balance between the upper and lower lip as well as the size of the patient's features.  Not everyone looks better with big lips!

Melissa Chiang, MD
Houston Dermatologist

Silicone Done Conservatively is Great Filler for Lips

+1

I have a lot of experience with liquid silicone as a filler in the lip, and when done conservatively with the right injection techniques, the results are very natural looking.  As silicone is so precise and as very small amounts are need to achieve good results, I personally feel it gives great results for those seeking very natural, but conservative lip augmentation.  While difficult with any filler to naturally augment a very thin upper lip, it can be done with the right filler and with good technique by an experienced injector. 

Channing R. Barnett, MD

Thin upper lip

+1

I agree with the others who suggested hyaluronic acid fillers (such as Restylane or Juvederm) to augment the upper lip.  If the correct volume of filler is injected in the appropriate locations, you should be able to achieve a natural look.

Bryan K. Chen, MD
San Diego Dermatologist

Lip enhancement with fillers look very natural.

+1

Fillers such as restylane or juvederm look great and very natural for roughly $550 and last about 6 months.  Sincerely,

David Hansen,MD

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Lip enhancement

+1

Pictures too small and of poor quality to give you an opinion. See a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon (American Board of Plastic Surgery) for consultation and plan of treatment. You need to see some one who understands the components of a beautiful upper lip and the relation to the lower lip. Lip enhancement is not jut injecting a filler. It is an art.

Fillers for the upper lip

+1

My preferred fillers for the upper lip are Restylane or Juvederm. These fillers work excellent for your problem however in this area of the lip they are not as long lasting as when used in other areas of the face.

Steven Hacker, MD
West Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Improving thin upper lip

+1

As per the other doctor who replied, you could consider HA fillers to your upper lip, as an excellent first step in lip augmentation.  Other considerations include lip implants, Silikon 1000, or upper lip surgery (which is what you are doing when you evert your lip as in your 2nd photo).  Of course, there are risks to any of the latter procedures but there are plenty of excellent results and very satisfied patients too.

Lawrence Kass, MD
Saint Petersburg Oculoplastic Surgeon