Improving face profile, Jaw Surgery vs Sliding Genioplasty? (photo)

Hi, I'm trying get an opinion on what approach would be right for me to improve my facial profile. I have a prominent upper jaw and retruded lower jaw, coupled with a weak chin. I also have a very gummy grin. To close my bite I have to hold my lower jaw back, causing my jawline to become less visible. My upper jaw also seems to bulge out further than my lip, giving it a weird shape. I'm looking for initial ideas and to get a consult with a doctor in the Pacific Northwest area. Thanks!

Weak chin

+2
You have a reasonable perspective regarding the facial contours. The lower jaw appears 'deficient' in its forward growth resulting in an 'overbite'/overjet. The front of the lower jaw or chin area is also small. The ideal plan would be to combine orthodontics and surgery to correct both the bite and the profile balance; with a possible need for a sliding genioplasty as well.
If you want to avoid orthodontics, you 'could' mask the area with a combined sliding genioplasty along with gortex strips along the jawline to provide proper balance. Xrays are obviously needed to provide more information.
Hope this helps

Vancouver Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon

Implant or genioplasty

+1
You don't need a huge movement, I would recommend a chin implant.  Less expense, less surgery, less recovery and more reversible.

Joe Niamtu, III DMD
Cosmetic Facial Surgery 
Richmond, Virginia

Joseph Niamtu, III, DMD
Richmond Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon