Are Improvements Still Possible in Male Breasts 2 Months Post-op from Liposuction?

I am 2 months post-op from male breast liposuction. I am 54 and had 250 cc's removed from each breast. It seems that the sides of my chest under my arms are now larger. It looks like a roll and feels soft like fat or fluid. My PS, one month post op told me to be patient and that changes may occur with final results not be seen until 6 months. Can there still be significant physical changes between 2 and 6 months and can fat not removed shift from one part of the breast to another?

Little to early to see result

+1

You arte still early post op.  Ther well be changes and hopefully the concerns that you have will lessen. If the liposuction was done for gynecomastia the armpit area may not have been liposuctioned.  It may look larger relative to the chest now.  It can always be improved.

Liposuction alone does not correct gynecomastia.

+1

Hi.

Be optimistic.  You will see the final result 4 months after surgery.  But it is quite possible you will need a touch up.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Improvements continue for more than 2 months after lipo for gynecomastia

+1

The old adage, "wait at least 6 months" certainly applies here.  Healing is a dynamic process that takes time.  Give mother nature time to do her work, and then see if anything further needs to be done.

John Q. Cook, MD

Still improving months after liposuction

+1

Your surgeon is correct. It takes at least 6 months for the swelling to go away and the skin to contract (shrink) maximally and conform to the new shape. If after 6 months you are still unhappy, ask your surgeon if any further improvement can be made with more surgery.

Armin Moshyedi, MD
Bethesda Plastic Surgeon