No Improvements with Radiesse and Restylane in my Nasolabial Folds

Did it 2 weeks ago and see NO improvement. And the dermatologist who did it wants a co-payment for me to tell her this! What could have gone wrong? I got 1.5 cc each of Rad. and Rest. Is it my body rejecting them? Is it that they were injected too deeply or maybe not enough? Not at all happy with the results.

No improvement from fillers in smile fold

+1

If there is a thick overhanging cheek creating a deep smile fold, then fillers may not be enough. It appears you had significant volume added. You may need a plastic surgical consultation although face lift doesn't smoothen the smile fold completely either.

Possible Reasons for Unsatisfactory Radiesse and Restylane filling of Nose to Lip Folds

+1
The nose to lip (Nasolabial) folds can smoothed nicely in most people IF: they are minimal to moderate, the injector is experienced and is familiar with the depth and various techniques of injections and the injected fillers are genuine. If you have very deep, overhanging folds a complete smoothing of these folds is not possible. Disappointing results will invariably occur when the injector is poorly trained and or uses questionable origin or fake fillers. it is impossible to second guess which of these factors were involved in your case.

May not have enough product

+1

Usually after fillers are injected (with the exception of Sculptra) there is an immediate result. If no result is seen then it most likely due to not enough product being used. Here it becomes a financial as well as cosmetic decision as to adding more product or not. Speaking to your injecting physician about your concerns will likely get you the answers that you are looking for.

Purvisha Patel, MD
Germantown Dermatologist