Better improvement rate in second or more sessions of Fractional CO2 Laser Resurfacing for deep and severe acne scars?

I have a lot of considerably severe and deep acne scars on my cheeks. I am sorry for not being able to be specific about how severe it is, however, it is really that severe that it makes me feel very embarrassed. I had my first fractional CO2 laser resurfacing 6 months ago and I personally think that the result is not very satisfying. I am planning to have my second treatment tomorrow. Is it true that I will see a better improvement rate in my second or more treatment compared to my first one?

Acne scarring treatments with fractionated co2

+1
Several fractionated lasers exist to treat severe acne scarring and are in general either erbium yag or CO2. We have both in my office and for severe acne scars you may expect to need more than one treatment for significant results. A single treatment for mild acne scars is usually enough but for significant severe scarring you may need a single full resurfacing or one or more fractionated laser treatments. Your dermatologist should be able to give you a good idea of what it will take to get you where you want to be.

Boulder Dermatologist