Why Have I Had No Improvement in my Face After Radiesse? I Am Very Upset...

I tried 2 different facial rejuvenation procedures that did not work. Finally, after being told time and again by my esthetician/nurse to try Radiesse, and after giving it much thought, I went for it. I have had absolutely NO IMPROVEMENT in the appearance of my face. The injections were placed in the cheekbone area; nasolabial folds; marionette lines and one on both sides of the chin on the jawline. I am disappointed and don't know if I should be angry with myself or my practitioner or both.

Dissatisfaction with Radiesse Treatment

+2

If you had the injections done by a nurse or esthetician who typically does not have the experience, knowledge or training of a board-certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon, you cannot expect to get the same results or even good results.  And quite frankly, when things don't go well, nurses and estheticians don't always know how to correct them and often punt to the board-certified doctor who does.  That being said, it is possible that not enough Radiesse was injected to give you the result you were looking for. Or, Radiesse may not have been the correct filler to address the rejuvenation issues you had. Or, injectable filler wasn't the right procedure for the rejuvenation you were looking for. I would suggest you follow up with a board-certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon and avoid doing such treatments with nurses/estheticians in the future. 

Dissatisfaction with Radiesse

+2
My first reaction to your post is that, if you had an esthetician or nurse perform the injections, you should not expect the same result as from treatment by a board certified plastic surgeon or dermatologist who would be much more knowledgeable about facial anatomy and alternatives. The amount of Radiesse injected is also of significance. If you really need a facelift, then Radiesse will only do so much. I would also recommend that you place your pre and post-procedure photos next to one another for evaluation as frequently this will disclose improvement that you may not have discerned.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Unhappy after Radiesse

+2

You should speak to your doctor or injector about your concerns. It is possible that injections were not what you needed.

Matthew Schulman, MD

Facial Rejuvenation

+2

In evaluating the face for facial rejuvenation one has to decide if fillers is the right answer or the face needs a facelift.

Fillers will not replace the need for face lift.

In deflated faces as happens with age, the amount of fillers needed is large, and that is why I prefer fat transfer.

Some patients need aface lift and fat transfer to achieve the results desired.

That evaluation is best done by a board certified plastic surgeon, to discuss your options and what to expect. An aesthetician is not qualified to evaluate the face or inject any fillers.

The reason for your disappointment is

1: not enough fillers were injected

2: you need a facelift

No improvement after Radiesse

+2

The most logical reason for not seeing any improvement after a Radiesse treatment would be that not enough was used.  I would return to your treating physician to be evaluated.  If you decide you don't want to have more Radiesse, there are other fillers that could be used instead.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

No improvement after Radiesse ?

+1

First of all It would be more helpful if you posted "before" and "after" photos. Without them it is impossible to weigh in on your results.  You may have unrealistic expectations about what fillers can do. Possibly you need a surgical procedure to get the results you desire.  You might want to consider a consultation with a Facial plastic surgeon.

Sam Naficy, MD

Radiesse Disappointment

+1

Radiesse over a number of areas requires a great deal of product.  Maybe not enough product was used.  If you require alot of volume, facial fat grafting may be more appropriate. 

No Improvement after Radiesse

+1

In my experience Radiesse is a very effective treatment IF expectations are realistic for what it can accomplished (and, even then, assuming that an appropriate amount is used and it is injected correctly and there are no complications...a lot of ifs, but that is part of it).  Seeing no improvement at all is rare but neither Radiesse nor any other filler can necessarily accomplish whatever it is that the patient wants.  Perhaps you would benefit from surgery (a facelift, neck lift, liposuction, facial implants, etc); possibly in addition to fillers.  Often, in fact, the best results are achieved with a combination of treatments, with each addressing specific portions of the face.  Maybe you need more volume injected.  It's hard to tell via this forum.

I would advise you to go for one or more consults with experience, board-certified physicians who can examine you in person and make recommendations.  Then, based on several consults, you can decide which course(s) you'd like to pursue.

I hope that this helps and good luck,

Dr. E

Alan M. Engler, MD, FACS

No Results after Radiesse

+1

It sounds like you had quite a few areas injected. My question is how much product was used? If one syringe was spread out between all these areas, I'm not surprised you're not noticing much change. I recommend seeing a physician who is very experienced in Radiesse and injects it on a daily basis. They can give you better recommendations and more accurate forecasts of your potential results. 

Cameron Rokhsar, MD

Concerns after Radiesse Treatments

+1

Radiesse requires an expert injector in order to maximize results.  Is it possible that the nurse that you used for your treatments has only minimal experience with Radiesse? Speak to your doctor about this or you can always go for a second opinion at another office.  I'm sorry you are unhappy with your results so far.

Norman M. Rowe, MD