Little Improvement from Lower Blepharoplasty (Photos)

(View my previous question)

I feel had little to no improvement on my lower eyes, I have been advised by my sugeon to have deep eye resurfacing , I have sent recent photos of my eyes, hoping to get some advice from other surgeons , who feel that they may help me.

Improving results of lower blepharoplasty

+2

An in person examination would be most helpful it assessing your situation, but from the photos you submitted it does appear that addressing your skin texture may be beneficial. This could involve a resurfacing procedure such a chemical peel or laser resurfacing.

Lower eyelids

+2

Boy, it is tough to comment on this without an exam.  Photos usually do not show the lower eyelid skin as well as seeing someone in person. It would be helpful to know more of your history as well and perform an exam in person. Skin excision, or possible lasering may help in some cases.

+2

I agree with the previous comments that a personal consultation is necessary to answer this question.  Your surgeon may be right that some skin procedure is necessary.  To know which one would require a consultation.

Sam Goldberger, MD
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

+2

As I responded in your previous question you need a peel or laser therapy. Best to be seen in person to discuss oprtions. 

Lower eyelid aging

+2

Everyone's lower eyelids are different and treatment should be individualized.  Lower blepharoplasty can address lower eyelid fullness and/or lower eyelid skin laxity.  Each requires a different technique in lower blepharoplasty.  The skin can alternatively be tightened, to some extent, by laser resurfacing or peel.  Consult an oculoplastic surgeon for options.

Mehryar (Ray) Taban, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Blepharoplasty results less than ideal.

+2
It looks as though you have 2 problems: residual skin and deep wrinkles in the skin. Excess skin can be removed and a deep chemical or laser peel done. All of this depends on a thorough evaluation with you for a proper evaluation.

I absolutely agree with Dr. Prendiville.

+2

Your questions can only be meaningfully addressed with a personal consultation.  Even the photos you have provided are very fuzzy.

Generally, I think it is important to understand that a conservative eyelid surgery that shows very little change is not considered a complication but rather the sign of good operative judgement.  You appear to have very thin, crepey lower eyelid skin and the suggestion of a festoon.  

I personally do not like deep laser resufacing for this type of situation.  I have had patients who did very well with medium deep chemical peels for the same purpose.

I think the biggest challenge you have is finding a surgeon who can help you without also harming you.

Lower Lid Blepharoplasty

+2

This question is impossible to answer without a consultation and without knowledge of what type of lower lid procedure was performed.  Although resurfacing may be beneficial, it may not be enough to address the problem.

Stephen Prendiville, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

Little Improvement from Lower Blepharoplasty

+2

I can see that you still have some residual skin on the lower lids, but all of the photos are blurry and do not show any detail. Without specifics regarding your procedure, it is likely that no real answer will be determined in this forum. However, it appears that you have too much excess skin to have an adequate response from a laser resurfacing procedure.  You need to get an in-person second opinion to make a better determination. Find a board certified plastic surgeon in your area to get a formal opinion. Lower lid surgery is very delicate and warrants a more comprehensive analysis. 

Vincent Marin, MD

Vincent P. Marin, MD

Litle improvement from Lower Blepharoplasty

+1
Thank you for including photos with your inquiry. Although the lighting is a little different and some photos are somewhat blurry,it appears that your skin quality is a little crapelike and I don't see much improvement in the tear-trough crease that runs down from the corner of your eye. I think that combination of fractionated laser resurfacing and judicious stem cell fat grafting would help significantly.

Burr Von Maur, MD