Recommendations For Improvement for my Nose (updated photo)

Hi, Here are more photos of my nose. I would like to improve the shape of my nose by adding a little more nasal bridge. My goal is a natural look, not overly done. Your suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Asian rhinoplasty with nasal bridge augmentation

+1

You have a overall nice appearance to the nose. The amount of augmentation you need is slight, which makes it easier to use only your own natural tissues. I prefer tissue from behind your ear and just below your hair follicles to create a 2mm augmentation.

For balance, you will do better to increase the projection of the tip area so that the tip remains "perky" in appearance. Augmenting the bridge alone can make the tip look a little droopy if not addressed.

You may do well with just adding height to the area between the eyes and avoid grafting the rest of the bridge. In that case, you can leave the tip alone and still have an appearance of a higher bridge.

Asian rhinoplasty and small nasal bridge

+1

I agree with many of the points your other consultants have made.  You have a very well proportioned nose that is balanced with your lips, chin and cheeks.  If you do not have any nasal breathing complaints that could be improved with surgery, then you are a good candidate for both surgical and nonsurgical treatments. 

Surgically speaking, various grafts could be used to build-up or augment your upper nasal bridge.  Considering all of the variable encountered during rhinoplasty, augmenting a diminutive nasal bridge is one of the easier things to achieve.  If you are pleased with the shape of the tip of your nose, then there is no reason to recontour it.      

During your consultation, you may wish to discuss options that do not involve surgery, sedation and downtime.  Injectable fillers can also be used to augment a nasal bridge.  Injectables tend to be a temporary correction but are less expensive and do not require recovery time.  Most importantly, they offer a reversible treatment if a patient is unhappy with the size and shape of the new nasal bridge.

Christopher Kolstad, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Natural look a nasal bridge augmentation

+1

It looks like a conservative placement of a dorsal graft at your radix (the part of your bridge up toward your eyes) would give you a natural improvement to your nose. This could be done using your own septal cartilage and placed using a hidden incision inside your nose.

Digital morphing in the office would allow for a better discussion of how much change you're interested in achieving.

Thomas A. Lamperti, MD

Improvement of Asian Nose

+1

After reviewing the latest pictures think you should consider the augmentation of the superior portion of the bridge, the radix, and slightly increasing tip projection. You have done your homework and got advice from multiple surgeons - you're at that stage where you should take the time to have an examination of your nose and discuss the advantages of all alternatives with an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon.  Over the past 35 years I have frequently communicated with patients from other states and countries, but there comes a time when personal contact is necessary.

Asian nose improvement

+1

You have a beautiful nose even with your low radix. You could have this augmented and it will give your nose the appearance of increased length and height. This is a matter of personal taste for you to decide. Get a consult with computer imaging before deciding.

Michael L. Schwartz, MD
West Palm Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Recommendations For Improvement for my Nose

+1

I have performed Rhinoplasty and Asian Rhinoplasty for over 20 years and IMHO, I disagree.  Your nasal bridge is at the appropriate aesthetic height and increasing it would make the tip projection aesthetically off resulting in a dorsal hump.  Your nose is pretty good overall and doesn't require much, if anything IMO.

Nasal bridge improvement

+1

Czl637,

These photos are much more helpful than your last set.  Regarding the bridge.  I can now see what you're talking about with this profile photo.  Here's what I see and some general suggestions:

1.  The area of your bridge we call the radix (essentially the deepest part of your bridge in the area between the eyes) could be built up a bit to give you a slightly stronger dorsum but nothing too drastic.

2.  What I would recommend in this area would be a cartilage graft placed endonasally (incision inside the nose).  I would favor that over a synthetic implant because what I think you need is something more subtle and localized to that radix area of the bridge.  An implant would be a little too long and bulky; even a small one.

The cartilage graft could be either a single piece or a bundle of crushed cartilage.  I'd go for the tailored single piece of cartilage that is shaped a little bit like a flat boat.  A surgeon can create a computer-generated before and after for you.  

Lastly, just to mention it.  You could used Radiesse or Artefill to "try out" augmentation of your dorsum first.   This would give you a great idea of what it is you're looking for without making a permanent commitment.  

Best of luck

Chase Lay, MD

Chase Lay, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Asian Rhinoplasty

+1

This is a common request from Asian patients seeking to have augmentation of the nasal bridge.  There are a couple of options to have this successfully performed and an in-person consultation with a board certified specialist in Asian Rhinoplasty who can best guide you to achieve the results you desire is highly recommended.

Kimberly Lee, MD

Asian Rhinoplasty

+1

You only need a little bit of correction to the bridge.  Your tip support looks good.  Of course, an in-office exam would be required to determine the best surgical plan.  However, it appears that augmenting the bridge with your own septal cartilage from inside your nose is all that is required.  This will give a natural look and avoids artificial implants.  

David Alessi, MD