How Long Until I See Accutane Results?

My son started Accutane 45 days ago. He had gone through the gamut of products and drugs to control it to no avail. His acne was about a 7 on a scale of 1-10 and has now hit about a 9/10 and we are worried that the treatment may leave scars.

Is this the case? How long until we may see improvement, so far we see none.

Improvement time for Accutane

+2

The amount of improvement depends on the severity of your son's acne and the dose prescribed to him.

Sometimes it is worth in the first couple of months maintaining a topical medication for the acne, and occasionally prednisone can be a useful adjunct to prevent the flare of Accutane which happens in some people in the first month or two.

That said, the 3rd month of Accutane is when most people really start seeing major improvement, so hold tight.

Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon