Improved Scars Permanent or Not?

Does Improved scars from ematrix or any other lasers, stays permanent (will not go back to the original form such as shape and depth?). Some says yes and some says no. If scars are improved, it means they have been remodeled to another form, so why do some say it will return to original form in the future- say 5 years time with no laser treatments any more. Bear in mind, no active acne are present any longer. I'm really lost; it seems like even with improved scars, we still have to worry much.

Permanent Results from Lasers?

+1

Thank you for your question. For some, they will see a long term lasting improvement, and others, possibly not. You will be creating collagen which is a permanent effect. However, many other factors are involved underlying your skin including genetics, your skin type, your facial aging process, your sun damage, etc. For best and safest results, be sure to consult with a Board Certified Dermatologist or Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who has expertise in acne, scarring, and all skin types. I hope this helps.

Bay Area Dermatologist

Hello

+1

In our office we have 2 lasers done together that would give you great results Profractional laser and micro laser peel.  If after that treatment you were looking for more we would recommend a mini face lift to stretch out your skin  from the scar that are deep. You should see a PS to help you give you permanent options for you situation. Good luck.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS

Are acne scars improved permanently or not?

+1

Well, the reason is because eMatrix has only been around for about 5 years, so we can only comment on what's happened in that timeframe. My office has been doing eMatrix for 5 years, and those who had acne scarring that we treated, and didn't have any further acne, have had their results stay. We can't comment on what may happen in the future because the technology hasn't been around long enough to know. eMatrix creates collagen formation which then fills in the scars in the treated areas, so as long as the collagen stays, the acne scar won't be there. Over time your body does lose collagen and make less collagen of its own, so it could potentially have some of the scarring reappear. My gut is that it won't go back to 100% of what it was, but you could have some reappear after years and years of collagen loss.

F. Victor Rueckl, MD