Can Anything Be Done to Improve the Pale Color and Texture of my 15 Yr Old Old Surgery Scar? (photo)

I had surgery for scoliosis performed 15 years ago when I was twelve. The scar is ten inches long and wraps around my side. Can anything be done to improve the color and texture of the scar. It also feels numb in the area but the skin is very tight, as if a lot of scar tissue has grown beneath. Thank you.

#Scar Revision Abdomen

+1

From your photos, it is unlikely that much more can be done with your scar since it is faded and flat. The width of the scar could possibly be narrowed, but you would need to start all over again related to the healing process. There is no way to make a scar entirely disappear.

Vincent Marin, MD