What can be done to improve the appearance of my septum/tip? (photo)

What are the limitations to what can be done with my bulbous tip and septum? I see many people with boxy tips like mine who I think have beautiful noses because their septums are thin. My septum is quite large and mostly fleshy, so is it possible to make it thinner since it isn't cartilage? Photo manips are very welcome and I'd love to see predictions for how my nose can be reshaped. Many thanks for any help.

Rhinoplasty for wide boxy tip

+1

Tip suturing techniques of the lower lateral cartilages in addition to cartilage removal will most likely be necessary to effect the change of refinement and narrowing of the boxy tip. Also important to make sure the new tip balances with the remainder of the nasal  components as well. Virtual rhinoplasty software is available on our website below for you to try to give yourself an idea of what can be  accomplished with the procedure. Our photo gallery is also located on the link below as well

What can be done to improve the appearance of my septum/tip?

+1
The tip/columella/caudal septal complex can be refined to produce a natural result through a closed rhinoplasty approach.

Find a board certified plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Tip Rhinoplasty

+1
Based on your photos, you appear to be a candidate for a Tip Rhinoplasty.  Discuss your options with an experienced Plastic Surgeon that performs lots of Rhinoplasty surgeries.   Be clear with your expectations, so your goals are reached.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

You don't need much done!

+1
It appears that your nasal tip is slightly wide and this certainly could be narrowed.  I am assuming that what you are calling the "septum" is the portion below the tip, or "columella".  This can be conservatively narrowed but a full evaluation would need to be performed to determine exactly what is going on, as sometimes because of nostril narrowing, one might focus too much on this area.  Regardless, you look like an excellent candidate for a conservative rhinoplasty that should leave you quite satisfied.

John Frodel, MD
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

Boxy Tip

+1
It does appear you have a boxy tip that can be improved with a rhinoplasty.  Removing some of the septum and using them as grafts will help refine the tip.  Boxy tips can be difficult problems to fix so I recommend that you see a surgeon who is comfortable with rhinoplasty surgery.  

Eugene Kim, MD

Tip

+1
Thank you for the photos and in my judgement you are a good candidate for a tipplasty to correct your concerns.  I would seek a PS who can take your photos and then alter them digitally until you see the post operative result you desire.  That way going into the OR you and your surgeon will have the same result in mind and there will be no surprises.  Taking the photos ahead of time will also allow the surgeon to know whether what you are seeking is realistic.

Dr. Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD
Brea Plastic Surgeon