How Do I Improve the Appearance of Deep Lines Around my Mouth? (photo)

How Do I Improve the Appearance of Deep Lines Around my Mouth?

+1
Hi Terry, you can improve ther verticles line by injecting filler called Belotero and combining it with an agressive laser treatmen, such as co2

Lines Around the Mouth can be Improved with the Combination of Fraxel and Belotero.

+1

Dear writer, Lines Around the Mouth can be Improved with the Combination of Fraxel and Belotero. You seem to be a good candidate for Fraxel laser, which will soften the lines and stimulate new collagen. After Fraxel, depending on the depth of lines that is left, your doctor can inject the hyaluronic acid filler called Belotero. This filler is especially formulated to fill superficial lines like those around the mouth and eyes. Finally, a very small amount of botulinum can be injected on the upper lip, to minimize the accentuation of the lines on the upper lip as we talk. I hope this information is helpful. Best wishes from Miami, Dr. Bowes

Leyda Elizabeth Bowes, MD
Miami Dermatologic Surgeon

Deep lines around mouth

+1

The lines above your lips would do very well with a combined treatment of laser resurfacing (with a carbon dioxide laser such as the Total F/X) as well as a soft tissue filler (such as Juvederm or another hyaluronic acid filler). The laser treatment would be a permanent long term improvement in which the skin tightens and the lines appear less deep due to increased collagen in the treated areas. The filler would be a temporary improvement by literally adding volume to the areas where you have lost it.

The lines on the sides of your mouth (marionettes) and the jawline would improve with a soft tissue filler as well as a facelift.

Laurie Jacobson, MD
Seattle Dermatologist

Dermabrasion

+1

Those deep lines are known as perioral rhytides. Many women complain about these wrinkles because of their appearance and the fact that lipstick tends to "bleed' into the lines.

Resurfacing treatments are the solution. In my opinion, physician-grade dermabrasion is the procedure of choice. However, laser resurfacing and chemical peels can also yield good results. Dermabrasion is a controlled, mechanical removal of the top layer of skin with a little spinning drum covered with an abrasive. Many patients will require repeat treatments depending on how deep the lines are.

Good Luck!

David W. Allison, MD
Gainesville Plastic Surgeon

She needs a total facial autologous tissue grafting along when peel and lipo neck and profile. Amino lift might also be con.

+1

She needs totL autologous facial grafting along w chemical peel and lipo neck and profile. She maybe candidate for mini lift also depending on her med condition and her view of scalpel surgery

Lewis M. Feder, MD

Improve lines around the mouth

+1

As a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon (American Board of Plastic Surgery) I can offer my patients with lines like your several options. After consultation and understanding what you want, the desired results and the recovery time you can have. Fillers can mildly improve these lines, however a facelift with or without fat transfer to the deep lines can give you a superb result, and reverse the signs of aging. You need to understand the pros and cons of each procedure and the limitations of each procedure, cost, healing time and risks. Then you can make an intelligent decision