What Can Be Done to Improve Surgical Knee Scars?

Hello I got surgery 15 months ago and had troubles with scarring. My scar opened a bit 1 month after surgery so is now not as linear as it should be. Moreover the skin looks wrinkled. I have a lot of hang-ups because of it... What are my options?

Surgical scarring and scar widening

+1

Sorry to say this but in my opinion you have no options. The scar is in an area that is constantly stretched by movement of the knee. That causes the scar to widen before it is fully mature. Any revision by excision of the scar will end with the same result unless you immobilize the knee for months. No one would be willing to do that because of the risk of the knee becoming permanently stiff.

I hope you realize that this format of posting questions and receiving answers lacks the face to face direct communication required for you to make an informed decision regarding your surgery.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.