What Can I Do to Improve my Nose?

I hate my nose. I'm 14 and I'm considering rhinoplasty. What should I ask for? What should I do to my nose? I hate my dorsal hump.

Rhinoplasty for Dorsal Hump

+1

Based on your question and your profile picture, hump reduction and osteotomies (breaking the nasal bones to narrow the nasal bridge), combined with a chin implant would be my recommendation.  However, Rhinoplasty is often deferred to age 15 or 16 in order to allow for complete development of the mid-face. Therefore, I would advise you to wait at least a year.  Since you are underage, consent of your parent(s) or guardian is necessary to allow you to have surgery. 

Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

Improving My Nose

+1

Lowering your profile by removing your dorsal hump is a good place to start. A chin implant will improve your jawline and make your nose look smaller. Without a frontal view of your nose it is difficult to make any additional recommendations, but an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon will make sure the entire nose is proportional to your surrounding facial features. 

Improving the appearance of the nose

+1

The minimum age recommended for a female to have rhinoplasty performed is 15. If you are considering rhinoplasty at that time, the best thing would be for you to consult with a board certified facial plastic and reconstructive surgeon who is a rhinoplasty specialist and has a great deal of experience performing rhinoplasty. Computer-imaging software now allows us to morph a digital photo of your profile and create an image that predicts what your surgery will look like based on the things you discuss with your surgeon ahead of time. Having the appearance of a hump reduced is a fairly straightforward procedure and may yield excellent results. During a consultation, you will discuss your needs with your surgeon and determine a plan of action to follow. Please feel free to ask me any specific questions you have about rhinoplasty surgery, as I have a great deal of experience in the area. My contact information is listed in my profile. Thank you very much for the question, and good luck to you.
Dr. Nassif

Teenage #Rhinoplasty to Help Reduce Bump: #PlasticSurgery Now or Later?

+1

Hi 955396anon in USA,

Rhinoplasty is not one operation, but many potential operations. Every patient is unique. Reducing the hump from a nose is the most common request for cosmetic nasal surgery. Humps are usually made up of both cartilage and bone, and come in various sizes and shapes. Reducing small humps is a relatively easier procedure, as compared to more extensive rhinoplasty surgery. Large bumps will require bone reshaping/breaking after the hump is removed.

A goal in nasal surgery is to recreate balance of the nose with the rest of the face. A small hump may be filed or rasped without needing more surgery. A subtle change in the nose may create a profound improvement in facial balance.

Teenage rhinoplasty patients sometime need to wait until the nose, face, and emotional state matures before proceeding with plastic surgery. The rate of nose growth is highest during teenage years, and slows down considerably by age 16 for girls and age 17 for boy, on average.

Only after a comprehensive nasal evaluation can a rhinoplasty surgeon help determine the most appropriate option for you. Best of luck.

Dr. C

Web reference: http://www.potomacplasticsurgery.com/facial-plastic-surgery/rhinoplasty.cfm

Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty and chin implant to improve overall facial harmony. y.

+1

Your nose and chin can be done by an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon. Meet with live patients the surgeon has done besides looking at before/after photos. Besides removing the bump you may need tip narrowing but cannot tell without the frontal view.

Rhinoplasty at 14

+1

It is important that prior to undergoing rhinoplasty you have achieved a stable height and weight in order ensure that the nose has completed its growth. Management of your hump is a relatively straightforward procedure in experienced hands. However, your nose profile would also be enhanced by chin augmentation. I would suggest having imaging studies to review potential results of these different interventions 

Improve my Nose

+1

Thanks for the question and posted photo. You need a full rhinoplasty with hump reduction and fractures. Seek 3 opinions from boarded surgeons in your area. 

Teenage Rhinoplasty

+1

First off, I would recommend waiting several more years before you make the decision to have a rhinoplasty procedure. You are a little young and will grow during the next few years, which might impact what would be done to your nose during surgery. Based on the current photo attached, you have a dorsal hump (or bump) that can be reduced to give you a more pleasing profile view. You also have a slightly recessed chin that might benefit from augmentation with an implant. Of course, these recommendations are made based only on your profile view. You would need a formal consultation with a qualified, board certified rhinoplasty specialist to make a more informed decision. Good luck.

Web reference: http://www.drhilinski.com/procedures/rhinoplasty-san-diego-ca/

San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty question

+1

I prefer you to be a little older before considering a  rhinoplasty . Facial growth should be completed, and menarche should have occurred, however based on your photo, I agree that dorsal hump reduction should be considered. A person's nose should go with their facial features, and I would prefer to see other views (frontal, three-quarter) before offering a more definitive opinion. One should also have a complete examination to evaluate the internal anatomy of your nose before giving an opinion regarding surgery.

Fairfield Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty at 14

+1

You are still a bit young to have a rhinoplasty.  You may go through some growth over the next year or two and should wait until you are about 16 or at least until your menstrual cycle is regular and you are no longer growing.