How Can I Improve my Ugly and Wrinkley Skin Texture? (photo)

i'm only 21and my skin has alot of tiny wrinkle and looks like ceramic wrap? Does anyone know why? what can i do to improve it? is it normal to have these types of wrinkle around the eyes for my age? I have used tretinoin and have done tca peels to treat acne scarring in the past. i don't remember if my skin was like this before i used either of these.

Fine lines

+1

Thank you for your question. I would recommend setting up a consultation appointment with your skin care provider for the best treatment options. You can use lasers, chemical peels or injectables to help treat the signs of aging. Make sure you are wearing SPF every day to protect yourself from future sun damage; this can cause collagen to break down more quickly which shows fine lines and wrinkles earlier on.

-Best wishes

Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Consult a dermatologist for your wrinkly skin.

+1

It is best to consult a cosmetic dermatologist who offers Botox and various laser treatments.  You must use sun protection.

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist

How can I improve my wrinkley skin?

+1

Even at the age of 21 your skin can develope wrinkles. First of all, protect yourself from the sun with sunscreen (SPF 30 or higher) and a hat whenever you can. Get a daily moisturizer with sunscreen combined, that way you have it on your face every day. Over time, the sun breakes down collagen and elastic tissue causing wrinkles and skin laxity. Using products that help build collagen is important too. Retinoids can help build collagen, but also products that incorporate growth factors and antioxidants. I like the Skin Medica line for this, but there are many available through cosmetic dermatologist's offices. There are also many cosmetic procedures that can help. Botox would help smoothen out the forehead and crows feet lines around your eyes. Resurfacing laser treatments and peels can help build collagen too. See a cosmetic dermatologist for treament options. 

Tracy Katz, MD
Houston Dermatologic Surgeon