Can I Improve my Nose's Appearance with Tip Refinement Alone? Will Bridge/dorsum Work Also Be Necessary? (photo)

I've always felt like I've had a very large, undefined nose. I was wondering if I could make the tip of my nose appear less bulbous and more defined with tip refinement alone? Will I need bridge/dorsum work as well? Is tip rhinoplasty cheaper than bridge rhinoplasty?

Can I Improve my Nose's Appearance with Tip Refinement Alone?

+2

Hello, yes the appearance of your nose can be improved by tip work alone. I can't advise any further based on the photos that you posted. It is best that you consult with a Board Certified Facial Plastic Surgeon in person. Have all your questions prepared that you would like to ask so that you can make an educated decision. Good luck to you.

Tip rhinoplasty vs full rhinoplasty

+2

A tip rhinoplasty is appropriate if that is your only area of concern.  However, when I look at your frontal view photograph, there is a slight deviation (tilt) of the bridge of your nose to the right.  This is masked right now because of the wider appearance of the tip of your nose.  Once the tip of your nose is more refined, it is likely that this deviation of your nose will become more apparent if not corrected. I hope this helps answer your question. 

Can tip refinement be done alone

+2

Yes it can. You have a bulbosity which can be adjusted without touching the rest of the nose

Rhinoplasty

+2

Although the frontal photo is not exactly straight your bridge appears C-shaped (concave to your left). If that is not an artifact of the photo angle an optimal result will require bridge and tip work.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.

Improving your nose with tip refinement alone

+2

The surgical plan will depend upon your goals...you could certainly improve things with a tip rhinoplasty alone to give you less of a bulbous tip and more angularity to the tip ...while it is true that a good nasal exam is necessary, only you can decide what is important to your appearance...generally costs reflect the amount of work done...tip only will cost less than entire nose...

Kahului Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty with natural and balanced results

+2

Sear SW93

• Thank you for the photographs and your questions.
  • As you probably know, the lighting for photographs can make analysis of facial features difficult.  
  • With the shadowing in the first picture, a slight deviation of the upper nose may be noticeable, but you should have a consultation with a physical exam..
  • Make a list of the changes in the nose you are interested in changing and discuss those in a consultation. You and the surgeon can then make a rhinoplasty plan that can balance your nose to your face...
  • and then consider the costs.  (Yes occasionally, tip rhinoplasty can be less expensive) 

​Best Wishes

Web reference: http://drtravistollefson.com

Sacramento Facial Plastic Surgeon

Tip vs. Dorsum Targeted By Rhinoplasty

+2

Dear SW93,

Thank you for sharing your photos although they do not show all the angles of your nose. Physical examination is necessary to determine the nature of the surgical approach that will best fit your goal.

Your case has to be addressed with the utmost delicacy. So, I encourage you to consult with board certified surgeon of extensive experience.

Thank you for your inquiry and the best of wishes to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Web reference: http://www.DrSajjadian.com

Tip Work

+2

Tip work to address the Tip Rhinoplasty will cost about five thousand dollars vs. eight thousand for the entire nose.  Consult with an experienced Cosmetic Surgeon.

San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Improving bulbous nose tip

+1

While a tip plasty is certainly an acceptable procedure to perform, most patients are not candidates since the new tip must balance with the remainder of the nasal features.  This will also involve some degree of bridge work, possible osteotomies, and even a columelloplasty.  It is best to go in knowing you are having a full rhinoplasty rather than a tip plasty.  Our current fee for a full rhinoplasty is $7,012 and the cost for a tip plasty is $4,612.  These fees include the surgery, operating room and general anesthesia.

Tip plasty vs full rhinoplasty

+1

From the photos you submitted, and it is not a substitute for a hands on exam and cons ultation, yes you could have just a tip-plasty, a refinement and narrowing of the lower third of your nose. The best is to get several opinions that way you can get a feel for who you are most comfortable with. Good luck.

Sacramento Facial Plastic Surgeon