What would be best to improve my nose? (photo)

I am aware of the hump on my nose and it makes my profile look horrendous. I suspect it's the cause of my receding chi as well, and Id just like to know if nose surgery would improve it much?

A rhinoplasty and chin implant will improve your profile

+1

Thank you for your question and photograph.  I agree with others that a combination of a rhinoplasty and extension implant will improve your profile.  Be sure to consult a plastic surgeon who is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery, experienced in rhinoplasty surgery, and who has an excellent reputation in your community.

+1

A full rhinoplasty with chin implant is the response. But best to seek IN PERSON opinions from boarded PSs jun your city//

Rhinoplasty and a chin implant?

+1

If the appearance of your nose concerns you enough, it can be cosmetically improved with a rhinoplasty. Whether it is worth doing is a decision that is personal and only you can make. A receding chin can be improved with a natural appearing chin implant.

Nasal cosmetic surgery and a chin implant are frequently performed together in the appropriate patient. The ideal aesthetic result should be individualized to achieve harmony with your other facial features and improve the areas that concern you.

Keep in mind that following advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you what to do based on two dimensional photos without examining you, physically feeling your tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history and discussing the pros and cons of the operative procedure would not be in your best surgery. Natural appearing results need to be individualized and what is appropriate for one patient is not necessarily the best for someone else. I would suggest that you find a surgeon with extensive rhinoplasty experience certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and one who is ideally a member of The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) or a facial plastic surgeon (otolaryngologist) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person. The extent and length of the procedure, cost, and the specific operative steps to achieve an ideal cosmetic result vary from patient to patient and would depend on the findings at your consultation examination.

Robert Singer, M.D., FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

What would be best to improve my nose?

+1

Rhinoplasty surgery will help improve the appearance of the nose, and it is possible to reduce a nasal hump. Rhinoplasty is often combined with a chin implant, as the two procedures complement each other and yield a fantastic result. I would recommend a consult with a board certified rhinoplasty specialist. He or she will be able to evaluate your nose in person and provide you with advice. Computer imaging software may be used to morph a photo of you, which will give you an idea of how the final result of surgery may appear. This serves as a fantastic communication tool between the patient and prospective surgeon. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck.

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Over projecting nose and under projecting chin

+1

When the combination of an overly projecting nose is present with a combination of under projecting chin, the best solution is a rhinoplasty and chin implant. The rhinoplasty procedure can shave down the nasal hump, decrease the projection of the nose and narrow and refine the tip, and make any sidewall adjustments with osteotomies. The chin implant procedure involves inserting a small Silastic implant through a sub mental approach to give more chin augmentation for better facial balance. For many examples of this combination, please see the link below to our rhinoplasty/ chin implant photo gallery

Rhinoplasty an important step in improved profile

+1

Rhinoplaty is a very important step in an improved facial profile and you would benefit from hump reduction. Computer simulation can also help you see if a chin implant will compliment your appearance, and by how much. Seeing is believing.

Nose and chin

+1

From that photo, a rhinoplasty, where you remove the bump -- cant tell about the tip, and you might be a candidate for a chin implant at the same time.

William B. Rosenblatt, MD

Rhinoplasty for the bulbous tip and hump, etc.

+1

Rhinoplasty for the bulbous tip and hump, etc. will give you a more refined nose. A chin implant may make the crease above your chin appear too deep.

What would be best to improve my nose?

+1

The hump and profile can be changed, but this will have little effect on the chin.  A chin implant would help bring your profile into more balance.

Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.