How to Improve my Nose? (photo)

I would like to alter a couple things with respect to my nose. I feel that the tip of my nose droops and over-projects, making my nose longer than I would like. Also, the upper lip seems crowded and seems to be pulled forward by my nose, as you can see from the side view. Is it possible to fix these things, and what would you recommend doing?

Nose improvement for the slightly overprojected nose.

+2

Nose improvement for the slightly overprojected nose. What you are asking can be done but your nose looks good the way it is and after 35 years of rhinoplasty I hate to see someone overdo a nose like yours. Leave it alone.

How to Improve my Nose?

+1

I have performed Rhinoplasty and revision Rhinoplasty for over 25 years and aesthetically speaking, the nose appears long and the tip does appear over-projected.  The tip can be de-projected and roatted upwards as well as thinned a bit (front view shows a wide tip) through a Rhinoplasty.  Hope this helps. 

Rhinoplasty for Long Drooping Nose

+1

Thank you for your email. I agree with other doctors that although your photos are hard to see your nasal profile looks good so you should be careful about changing it.

Certainly a Rhinoplasty can rotate your tip upwards and create a shorter appearance.

However, in a male, you do not want a short turned up nose.

See a board certified plastic surgeon experienced in Rhinoplasty for a thorough exam and advice.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

How to Improve my Nose?

+1

I recommend ONLY seeing IN PERSON a boarded rhinoplasty surgeon to examine you and discuss the surgical plan. Over the internet and with very underexposed photos very hard to advise. I think a full rhinoplasty is the answer but can not be sure. 

Improve

+1

Come on in for a consultation with three Cosmetic Surgeons how perform rhinoplasty for a living and love to teach other doctors all about noses!

Robert Shumway, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

I would not recommend correcting those problems

+1

From your pictures (which sometimes does not reveal the entire picture without a concurrent examination), it appears that your long nose is a function of the underlying facial skeleton and the length of your entire face.  There is not a good way to correct without either rotating your tip upwards or lowering the upper part of your nose, called the radix.  This gives the illusion of a shorter nose but your mid face is still relatively long.  Also rotating the tip upward as above or to correct the concerns that you mention will tend to make your nose look more "feminine."  However from your pictures, your jaw looks relatively retrognathic (retriuded) although you appear to have adequate soft tissue around your chin.  Balancing your jaw and chin to your nose may be a consideration for you.

Tito Vasquez, MD, FACS
Southport Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty to address large, over projected nose drooped tip

+1

During the rhinoplasty procedure the tip can be slightly lifted which will help to elevate a droop.  Lifting the tip slightly will also give the appearance of a longer upper lip.  A small resection of the base of the columella where it attaches to the nasal spine will reduce the appearance of the nose pulling the upper lip forward.  This is done as an outpatient procedure usually under general anesthesia.