How Would You Recommend That I Improve my Nose? (photo)

Hi, I've been thinking about improving the look of my nose. I was wondering if it would fit my face to narrow my nose bit, and improve my bridge. If you can suggest what would improve the appearance of my nose yet staying as natural as possible. Thanks much. M.

Complete photos will help assess your nose

+1

Your oblique view shows a very nice nose. The frontal view shows a nose that could be made narrower. A subtle augmentation of the bridge along with more tip definition using your own tissues may be one option. Based on the limited photos, I would venture to say that rhinoplasty should be pursued if you have to be on camera for a living.

Recommendations for Nasal Improvement

+1

I'M sorry, but it is difficult to make any recommendations other than narrowing and refining you tip on the basis of the pictures submitted. Everybody here would like to make more specific recommendations. I suggest you go to my website for instructions on submitting helpful views so we can be more helpful.

How Would You Recommend That I Improve my Nose?

+1

From the photos, the nose could be made a bit thinner and the nasal tip refined using a Closed Rhinoplasty.  The trick to achieving a natural, attractive looking nose with Rhinoplasty, IMHO, is applying the proper aesthetics of beauty.

Rhinoplasty

+1

An in office exam would be critical because just having two photos it is difficult to say for sure. Refinement of the tip is possible.

Fitting the nose to the face

+1

It may be possible to provide some narrowing of your nose and tip refinement to be in balance with your face. However, from the photos you submitted, I would opt for a minimal amount of work to be done as your nose looks to be pretty close to fitting your face already.

Scott Trimas, MD
Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Asian rhinoplasty.

+1

I need to see better photos to advise you. You need a tip graft and refinement of your tip. Your bridge depends on seeing a side view.

+1

Thanks for the photos. I would ask you to show us what is exactly your issues with your nose. If a filler could resolve them than proceed but I recommend against any surgery. 

+1

Your dorsum is adequate and the overall shape of your nose is pleasing: it fits well on your face. Small refinements in the tip and base of your nose may improve your look. The changes you seek cannot occur overnight. Even finesse surgery requires a period of healing before one achieves their final result.

Suzanne Kim Doud Galli, MD, PhD, FACS
Washington Facial Plastic Surgeon

Asian Rhinoplasty

+1

czl637,

Improve what?  You know, when I look at your face I see about as well balanced a nose and face as you can get.  If I could offer only one thing it would be a conservative chin augmentation to give your face a slightly longer and more oval appearance. 

My staff and I agree your nose is actually quite nice.  I can see that many years from now the nasal tip may droop a little bit.  I think the chin implant will balance your face.

Best of luck

Chase Lay, MD

Chase Lay, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Refining the Nose

+1

Your nose looks pretty good to begin with. The pictures are small, but in general I think your idea of narrowing the top and the tip slightly as well as taking the top down a little bit would make subtle but nice changes. Unfortunately even these small changes would involve a complete rhinoplasty. Hence don't expect these small changes to be inexpensive. Look for a surgeon with a good reputation, board certification and before & after photos they can share with you. Good luck with your transformation.

Benjamin Dunkley, DO
Salt Lake City Facial Plastic Surgeon