What Can I Do to Improve my Neckline? (photo)

I know I don't have a horrible neckline issue considering that I like my jawline face forward just fine, but I would like my profile to more defined if possible, and I'm look for any suggestions. I know these aren't the best photos, I apologize for the grainy quality and thank you for your input and time.

Hi There,

I wanted to let you know that we have a bunch of information regarding Neck Lifts on our site. Here is a link that will take you to our Neck Lift topic page, where you can read stories by other community members about their journey throughout the procedure, before and after photos, and much more.

http://www.realself.com/Neck-lift/reviews

Hopefully this helps!

Improving the neckline - options

+1

The lax skin in your upper neck can be approached directly by a less invasive facelift in the miniface lift category The least invasive would be a mini-facelift which corrects the upper neck loose skin extremely well.. My own personal preference and in my hands the one with the least invasive approach is a Lite Lift which is performed in my office under local anesthesia with some oral sedation without the need for IV sedation or general anesthesia.

Improving the neckline

+1

Traditional liposuction will only remove a small portion of the fat above the platysmal muscle. A neck lift will remove fat both above and below the platysmal muscle as well as tighten the platysma muscle; this will give a much more defined jaw/neck line.  The incisions for the neck lift are 2 small incisions behind the ears and 1 in the submental crease.

Ulthera microfocused ultrasound will help

+1

From your photos it appears that simply tightening the neck and submental areas will achieve your desires. Limited liposuction can also be considered, but should be conservative. I have performed these 2 procedures together under local anesthesia with nice results and minimal downtime!

Harrison C. Putman III, MD
Peoria Facial Plastic Surgeon

What Can I Do to Improve my Neckline?

+1

Liposculpture is a great option to remove the small amount of excess fatty tissue under your neck. This can be performed in under one hour under twilight anesthesia. This will accentuate your neckline and improve what concerns you about your profile. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

What can be done about my neckline?

+1

The picture that you have provided suggest that you have a nicely defined jawline with no evidence of jowling and your skin looks like it has good elasticity. You appear to have a mild amount of laxity in the platysma muscle and possible a slight amount of excess fat. 

Laser assisted lipocontouring of the neck often provides a very nice result in cases such as yours. I can help to provide sharper definition to the neck and jawline which contributes to a more youthful results.

I would get at least two consults with experienced and qualified surgeons and compare opinions.

Todd C. Miller, MD

What Can I Do to Improve my Neckline?

+1

Aesthetically speaking your neck shows a properly balanced chin but excess fat and skin . This can be resolved with micro-liposuction of the neck combined with a skin ellipse of skin removal under the chin.  Hope this helps.

Hello

+1

From your pictures it looks like you would benefit from some Vaser liposuction of your neck. It will define your neck line or you can so neck lift. You should see a PS to get all your options. Good luck...

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS

Neck line

+1

I agree with Dr Taylor's responses. Seek in person consults to be examined and determine the correct path to follow. Best 

EndyMed 3 Deep technology gives nice results for noninvasive neck tightening.

+1

Your choices for improving the neckline include surgery, skin tightening with an invasive laser like SmartLipo or noninvasive skin tightening with radiofrequency (EndyMed, Invasix, Thermage, Excelis) ,  focused ultrasound (Ulthera) or long pulsed Nd:YAG lasers such as (GentleLase, Fotona Dyanmis, Cutera, or Cynosure.  All of these devices produce heat in the skin.  If the skin temperature is raised above 42 degree centigrade and maintained for a short period of time, many patients will experience modest tightening without surgery.

Mark Taylor, MD
Salt Lake City Dermatologic Surgeon

What to do about neck

+1

From your photo it loks like your issue is probably due to the thin sheet of muscle in your neck called the Platysma. Your skin tone looks like it is pretty good and it doesn't look like you have much extra fat. Therefore I would recommend something called a Cervicoplasty. This is done from a small incions beneath your chin. The muscle is tightened and sometimes cut to make a better angle. The skin  will shrink down over the new shape. Good luck.

Ronald Schuster, MD