What should I have done to improve my overall facial appearance? (photos)

I am currently consulting with several plastic surgeons regarding facial plastic surgery and am very close to making a decision. I would like to look more "classically beautful". I think minor rhinoplasty with chin aug or chin lipo would benefit me the most without going overboard but I get a different suggestion from each physician- some saying do nothing or some saying that these procedures will hardly change my look at all. Suggestions?

Facial surgery

+1

You are an excellent candidate for a rhinoplasty.  Your other facial features are quite nice.  You don't need either lipo of the neck nor a chin implant.  I'm not crazy about chin implants for the most part, and you don't even need one.  Good luck!

Change

+1
Thank you for the pictures and may I say that you are a very good looking girl.

I would recommend rhinoplasty to correct the bridge of your nose and the removal of the buccal fat pockets, these will help your cheeks look slimmer. I don't think chin augmentation would be necessary.

Good luck,
Dr. Campos

Jaime Campos Leon, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Facial appearance

+1
You are already an attractive woman and I think trying to chase after an ideal look could lead to disappointment. First, I would decide on a surgeon based on their qualifications and who you felt you had the best interaction with during your consultation.  Then have a discussion about the parts of the chin and your nose that bother you. I think if you do decide to do anything, it should be minimal. Best of luck.

Arun Rao, MD
Tucson Plastic Surgeon

What should I have done to improve my overall facial appearance?

+1
A conservative rhinoplasty and a chin augmentation are important but probably the procedure that will give the nicest most pleasing appearance to the observer is cheek enhancement. Compare your photos smiling (full cheeks) and how good that looks to the nonsmiling photo with flat cheeks. 

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Facial changes

+1
Thank you for the photos and you are already a beautiful woman. That said I would find a PS or surgeons in yur area that can take your photo and then digitally enhance it to show you how you might look following surgery. That way you can fully explain to the MD what changes you would like to see until you come to the image that you love and want to see on your face. Assuming that projected result is realistic he would then be able to inform you how he would accomplish it. That way going into surgery you and the surgeon will have the same final result in mind. Dr. Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD
Brea Plastic Surgeon

Conservative changes

+1
You are very pretty and doing nothing is very good option.  Regarding your nose, limited refinement of the roof (dorsum) would be helpful.  Yes, your chin is retruded and chin augmentation could produce a nice change, but make sure that the amount of augmentation is very small (as too much projection will masculinize your chin and overall appearance).  Find an experienced surgeon who really thinks it through (as you are doing!).  Good luck!

John Frodel, MD
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1

I agree that you would benefit from a chin augmentation, as the chin is a bit receded.  If you are afraid to commit to surgery for your chin...try a filler first!  We do this frequently for patients who want to get a good idea of what it would look like.  I do, however, believe you would be happy with a small chin implant.  You are correct, you will get different answers from different physicians.  So, your job is to decide what makes the most sense and who has a vision similar to yours.

Natural rhinoplasty with chin implant.

+1
Natural rhinoplasty with chin implant will give you a softer and more balanced face. Choose a very experienced rhinoplasty surgeon that does natural noses. 

Rhinoplasty to enhance overall facial appearance

+1
I think that a rhinoplasty could improve your nasal shape particularly with respect to your profile since the lower 2/3s of your nose is quite strong. A more "classically beautiful" nose would be a straighter to slightly concave nasal bridge and is slightly lower than where your nasal tip is. As for chin augmentation, your chin is slightly behind ideal, but one thing to consider is that an implant will deepen the crease between your lower lip and chin.

As stated before, a face to face consultation is best.

Michael M. Kim, MD

Michael M. Kim, MD
Portland Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1
  I think doing nothing is always a reasonable choice.  If you want the dorsum of your nose refined and some chin liposuction and a small chin implant that is reasonable as well.  Will it totally change the way you look?  No, it will not.  The change will be subtle.