How to Improve Look of Breasts when One is Slightly "Droopier" Than the Other One?

I am a 38C. My prpblem is that my right breast looks slightly bigger (almost undetectable) and the nipple is lower than my left nipple so when looking at it from the front it doesn't look symmetrical and definitely off. How would a cosmetic surgeon go about fixing this problem. I want my right breast to look like my left one. I'm perfectly fine with the size of my breasts and just want more symmetry.

When one breast is lower and larger than the other

+2

In addition to the options offered by my colleagues, there is a device that lifts the breast by applying sutures internally from small incisions made above the breast. There are only two very small scars. This has been shown to hold up for several years at least, in the right person. Also, either liposuction of the larger breast and/or fat grafts to the opposite breast might be needed with this device. It is hard to recommend anything to you without photos but you could get an opinion from a board certified plastic surgeon with experience and might consider this device, if indicated. It may be an alternative to a mastopexy procedure with their scars.

Asymmetry of breasts areola variation

+1

Hi,

Your answer seems pretty straightforward.  Consider your left breast to be the "target" breast and adjust your right breast to match it.  Your larger breast is the right so this approach is certainly doable.

Of course it is difficult to give final evaluations without seeing your pictures but discuss your options with your ps.

Steven M. Lynch, MD
Albany Plastic Surgeon

Unilateral breast lift?

+1

Without seeing photos, it can be difficult to asses, but based upon your comments it sounds like the right one can be lifted and reduced a smidgen to match the left one.

Improving Breast Symmetry

+1

Judging from your narrative it sounds as you would benefit from a mastopexy (breast lift). I would not recommend an implant as you are happy with the size of your breasts. The mastopexy will elevate your nipple areolar complex and allow for a small reduction to be done simultaneously, but will leave a scar.

You may want to consider adding pictures to aid in the evaluation of your asymmetry. When you are ready consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon for an in-person evaluation and discussion of your goals and expectations. Good luck.

Pedro M. Soler, Jr., MD

Correcting symmetry of the nipples

+1

Hello. It is hard to know for sure what you need without a consultation or at pictures. From your description it sounds like your breasts are for the most part the same with the exception on the nipple placement. The right breast can most likely be corrected with a very minor form of mastopexy. The only downside to this would be more scarring. Without pictures this is all the information I can give. For more advice schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon.

Jaime Perez, MD
Breast Augmentation Specialist
Plastic Surgery Center of Tampa

Jaime Perez, MD

Improving Slight Breast Asymmetry

+1

From your description, you sound like a good candidate for a small right breast lift with a little breast tissue resection.  You should obtain a consultation with a BC plastic surgeon who can discuss your options with you.

John Whitt, MD

Fixing Droop, Happy with Size

+1

If you are happy with the size of your breasts, then an augmentation does not need to be performed.  If you need one of the areolae lifted, that is easily accomplished with a variant of a breast lift.  A small amount of tissue from the larger breast may be removed at the same time. 

Improve Look of Breasts when One is Slightly "Droopier" Than the Other One

+1

It is difficult to give you a useful answer without the benefit at least of photos. Based on the info you provide, a breast lift and perhaps a small reduction would do best to offer better symmetry. The trade-off will be scars. 

When you are ready for an in person consultation, RealSelf has listings of surgeons in your area. You should consider cross referencing the listings from the The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (plasticsurgery dot org). A listing in the ASPS website assures you that your surgeon is not only board certified,  but also is a member in good standing of the major plastic surgery organization in the U. S. Thank you for your question, best wishes.

Droop and Asymmetry

+1

Your complaint is very common.  The goal for every cosmetic breast surgeon is to meet the patients expectations and make the breasts even.  The larger, droopier breast will require a a small reduction in volume to match the other breast and a lift.  If the left breast is droopy too, it will require a mastopexy as well. Good Luck!

Brian Reedy, MD
Reading Plastic Surgeon

Breast Droopiness

+1

Without photos it is difficult to tell what you need. If you are happy with your size and you mention droopiness, it more than likely indicates you need a mastopexy (breast lift). If it is on side only it can be a unilateral lift. Please submit photos and you will get a more accurate opinion.

Scott R. Brundage, MD
Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon