Post Tummy Tuck - Is a Belly Button Revision Needed?

8 wks full TT post op.Pls check my other postings for what transpired on my initial TT where ps did not pull all of the loose skin for safety reasons.Back to my normal physical activities,in the process of training to become a fitness instructor so I am at the gym 5 times a week.Notice swelling is improving,skin is loosing up and scar is healing well.My concern is around the belly button since skin was not pulled as tight as it should have,how can this problem be addressed during the revision.

Belly Button Revision Needed?

+2

It is much too early to evaluate the final results of the tummy tuck surgery or the appearance of your belly button. I was suggest revaluation 6 months after surgery  and continued follow-up with your plastic surgeon.

Revision of Tummy Tuck

+2

Only two months after surgery, it is too early to seek out revision surgery.  You should wait at least 6 months if not a year to allow all the tissues to settle and the swelling to resolve.  At that point, you will have a much better idea of what needs to be done with the revision surgery.  Belly button revision does not tighten the skin.  It only changes the shape of the belly button.  

Good Luck.

David Shafer, MD

Concerns regarding the belly button 8 weeks after a tummy tuck

+2

You are still very early in the overall maturation process of wound healing. From your photos, I can't appreciate a major issue associated with your belly button.

Give it at least 6 months before firmly judging the results at the belly button (though it can take up to 1 year for the swelling to maximally resolve). Revisions can be considered after that if warranted.

Steven Turkeltaub, MD

Belly button revision at eight weeks, too soon to tell

+2

After tummy tuck patients are very anxious to be well and get back to a normal schedule, and that may include fitness training. After eight weeks, you are well along, though it is far too soon to consider any kind of revision.The inset of your new belly button looks fine at this stage of things, the fullness above may settle in. Six months is a better time to assess.

peterejohnsonmd