How to Improve the Appearance of Piercing Scar on Face?

I've considered creams and massaging it regulerly to break down the scar tissue but nothing is changing. If I get laser treatment would this surface the scar rather then it appear deeper. Or having the scar tissue cut then stiched would this also make the appearance look better and less noticable. I believe I will still have a scar Im not effected b that I just hate this hole like scar.

Botox for facial paralysis

+2

Botox injections can be a valuable tool in helping to temporarily restore some symmetry to a persons face when they are suffering from a facial nerve palsy.  In my experience, some insurance carriers will cover Botox injections.  We have had good luck with medicare.  When we are unsure if it will be covered, we submit a pre-determination to the patient's insurance carrier so see if the procedure is a covered benefit. 

Chicago Facial Plastic Surgeon

Scar Revision

+1

Typically a piercing scar needs to be surgically corrected. If it is mature, meaning one year old, it should be evaluated by a Facial Plastic Surgeon or Plastic Surgeon to determine what the risks and benefits may be. Adjunctive treatments such as dermabrasion or laser may be included.

James Newman, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Piercing scar

+1

A piercing scar may be modified in a number of ways. Sometimes a scar revision can be performed, sometimes lasers, sometimes massage or creams. You also have to give it about a year to mature to see whether or not it needs a revision.