Took Impressions and I Need a Filling. Will This Affect the Aligners' Fit?

Hi, I haven't got my first aligner yet, but they've taken my impressions and have sent them off. I have bad filing that I'd like to get replaced, but I don't want this to affect the aligners fitting properly. What do you suggest?

Must have a snug fit

+1

It is very important that the Invisalign aligners fit snugly on all teeth in order to
achieve the best possible results. Therefore, it is my strong suggestion that you have all necessary dental work completed prior to taking the impressions for Invisalign. Any dental work that can wait until after the treatment is completed should wait so that the fillings or crowns or laminates, etc. can be completed on a good stable occlusion. If you need to have a filling done prior to receiving your first Invisalign trays, you must inform your orthodontist so that new impressions can be taken with new trays made to fit your new dental work. Any time a tooth is altered, it will affect the fit of the aligners which
might affect the overall outcome of your treatment with Invisalign.

New York Orthodontist

Get your aligners first then....

+1

Take the aligner with you to your filling appointment and then the dentist can fit the filling to the aligner and it should be fine...

Los Angeles Cosmetic Dentist

New Fillings with aligners

+1

There is the risk of poor fit if the new filling was large or contoured differently than your tooth was to start.  If the aligner does not seat properly, an adjustment to the filling can r

Denver Cosmetic Dentist

Filling and aligner fit

+1

Hi. . .If you got a small filling and the shape of the tooth was maintained (which it should have been) then the aligner should fit fine. If you got a very large filling and the anatomy and integrity of the tooth shape was altered then the aligner may not fit.  I would wait to see if the aligners fit and then proceed from there.

New York Orthodontist

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.