What Are the 3 Most Important Questions to Ask During my Labiaplasty Consult?

Be wary of techniques that remove tissue and amputate the free edge!!!

+2

Understand what king of technique is being used.  Avoid trimming by all means.  It is my preference not to excise tissue like the conventional central wedge technique but rather to use a transposition flap and deepitheliealize.  This procedure is much safer and yields beautiful results.  Be careful as many practitioners simply amputate the edge leaving severe deformities

Labia minora reduction questions

+1

Good question. I think the three most important questions you might ask our: 1. Am I a good candidate for the procedure (why or why not)?    

2. What is your experience level with this procedure?

3.  What are the complications associated with this procedure?

Bonus question: what is a recovery after this procedure?

Best wishes

Questions to ask during labiaplasty consultation...

+1

Those seeking labiaplasty surgery are well advised to find a surgeon who both is experienced with that procedure and has a track record of good results. It goes without saying that such a surgeon should be board certified within the field of either plastic surgery or gynecology and also have an active practice involving vulvogaginal plastic surgery.

I think the 3 most important questions during the first consultation would be:

What is this surgeon's background experience with labiaplasty surgery?
Does he/she know how to perform more than a single method, so individualizing your surgery is possible?
Does he/she have photo examples their labiaplasty work? (This is essential!)

With the information gained from those questions, it should then be possible to determine if you're in the right office, or if your search for a labiaplasty surgeon should continue.

Charles Gruenwald, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon