Replacing Deflated Implant w/ a Larger Implant

One of my Implats Deflated, I Am Replacing It with More Cc.Will It Fill my Extra Skin? I am not wanting to get a lift,but If I go bigger on the implants after replacing them will my boobs feel tight and full? If it stretches all my excess skin?

Implant and lift

+1

Placing an implant in a deflated pocket will givemore volume but willnever lift he breast significantly. If you need a lift, you will need a lift after the implant palcement.

Large implants cannot "lift" the breast

+1

I suggest putting in a larger implant only if you want larger breasts - larger implants will fill up some of your excess skin but will not perform a breast lift.  There are two main problems when a breast needs a lift: (1) the nipple is usually too low, not in the center of the breast and (2) the top of the breast has lost it's fullness.  An implant can address the second problem, but the first must be done with a mastopexy or breast lift - which moves the nipple back to the center of the breast and removes excess skin.

Bivik Rajnikant Shah, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Going bigger when you change out your implant. Will that correct looseness?

+1

General rule of thumb with the breast: the more volume,  the more lift you will get. 

Putting an implant in alone though may not correct what you have by itself.  For some, as the weight of the implant goes up, their skin stretches, so a bigger implant does not lift.  For others, their skin droops below the underwire level, so they really need a lift with breast tissue rearrangement and skin tightening. 

I have seen women who refused a lift, and only would do a breast implant.  The issue here is unless they went to a ridiculous size, couldn't put in enough volume.  And this is a short term fix- when the really heavy breast implant is in thinned and drooping skin, because of gravity it will cause the skin to thin and droop more. 

In the end, it can be a little dangerous and short lived to chase loose skin with increasing implant size.  For a minor issue or if you want to be larger it is a great idea.

Lauren Greenberg, MD
Palo Alto Plastic Surgeon

Replacing deflated implant with a larger one?

+1

It is difficult to assess how much skin you have and how much larger you want to go. I think you should see a board certified Plastic surgeon who will examine you and then help you achieve you goals. Simply just using larger implants could further stretch your skin because of their weight. Best of luck

Dana Khuthaila, MD, FACS

Larger implants after implant failure

+1

I agree wholeheartedly.  The main indication to get a large implant is a desire to have larger breasts and not necessarily to have a lift.  While some (high profile) implants can cause minor amounts of lift, most women with significant ptosis (sagging) often need a mastopexy or breast lift.  Discuss your desires and concerns with your PS PRIOR to surgery to assure that you will get what you want and have expectations of what the larger implants can and cannot do.

Delio Ortegon, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Deflated Implant

+1

Hello and thank you for the question.

In regards to your question, its difficult to make a determination without examining you or seeing photographs. In general, increasing the volume of your implants is not an alternative for a breast lift if you have any significant amount of breast ptosis. I recommend you consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon in your region who is experienced in breast augmentation and breast lift surgery. 

Warmest Regards, 

Glenn Vallecillos, M.D., F.A.C.S. 

Glenn Vallecillos, MD

Larger implants won't always correct ptosis (sagginess)

+1

Generally speaking, if larger implants are placed, the space for the implants will need to be enlarged at the time of surgery. This can correct some of the loose skin problem, but the problem with saggy breasts is more than just loose skin. It also has to do with breast position. If most of your breast volume is too low, simply placing a larger implant won't correct the problem. You would need a lift.

James W. Ward, MD (retired)
Arlington Plastic Surgeon

Replacing deflated implant with a larger implant.

+1

You should not choose a larger implant just to fill in extra skin.  If you want to have larger breast/larger volume, you can go with a larger implant.  However, it sounds like you have extra skin with some dropping (ptosis) of your breast.  You should then consider mastopexy (breast lift surgery).  I know that many women are afraid of scars on their breast.  However, most scars on the breast heal very well.  I think that it will be better to have a good shape than minor scars.  Depending on amount of excess skin on your breast, you will have options for different type of mastopexy (circumareolar, circumvertical, and full-lift).   You should share your concerns with your plastic surgeon.  If you replace to a larger implant just to fill the space, then your breast skin/breast will droop faster in the future.

Sugene Kim, MD