Do I Need Implants? (photo)

I am a slim athletic 30 yr old. I have always had small breasts, but after breast-feeding two kids , my breast are deflated. I don't necessarily want bigger breasts (I doubt I could afford it anyway). I just want the sagging to go away and my small breasts to sit up like they used to before nursing. Thank you for your time, your guidance is greatly appreciated.

Mini Ultimate Breast Lift best choice for maximum lift without implants

+3

Not wanting implants is a very wise choice as they will make things worse with time. The Mini UBL repositions your existing breast tissue so that it is evenly distributed on your chest. It is also anchored in position to minimize downward migration. However, it will not add volume to your breasts.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Dr. H

Texas Plastic Surgeon

Do I Need Implants?

+3

Although no one NEEDS implants, the question is how to best restore the appearance of your breasts that have "deflated" after pregnancy and nursing.  You do not appear to have significant sagging of the breasts (in terms of excessive overhang of the breast over the inframammary crease) or a very low nipple position...therefore, it does not look like you would benefit much from a breast lift.  Lifts are designed to lift on overhanging breast and a low nipple in relation to the inframammary crease.  They do not do a very good job of tightening the breast if the nipple is already in a good position and there is little to no significant overhang of the breast past the fold.  A deflated breast is one where there is a loss of volume (post-partum atrophy of breast tissue), and the best way to restore its appearance with the least conspicuous scars is to replace that volume with a small, natural-appearing implant.

Robert M. Grenley, MD

Breast lift vs breast implants

+2

Perky breasts usually indicate that they are full and that fullness is well positioned.  Your photo appears to show relatively small breasts that are lacking volume for the amount of skin/soft-tissue that is present.  A breast lift would tighten your breast envelope but I doubt that you would consider the result "perky".  A purse-string mastopexy can tighten some of the skin around the areola.  If you choose to get implants later on you could still do so.  I suspect that a small implant and a small lift would be your best option.

Dr Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Nobody needs breast implants.

+2

Breast implants make breasts larger-period.  If you like the size of your breasts, don't get breast implants.  Breasts can be reshaped to look more youthful, but this is an operation with incisions.

Lift vs. breast implant after pregnancy

+2

I always tell my patients, to first pick the size. If you like your size, certainly don't get an implant. I can't tell you how many women take these out later. Next, pick the profile you like. Let me say your breasts look a lot better than many after breast feeding so you may want to bulk up your pecs a little and leave them alone. You can get a small internal lift with a minimal scar, I perform it through the inferior areola, and many breast surgeons have a variation on this where they "restack" the flat breast tissue to improve projection, shape, and fullness in the "superior pole" (top of the breast) without the implant.
And... are you sure you are done? Maybe a number three down the road? Don't fix it then break it again! And remember any breast surgery will decrease your chances of successful breast feeding in the future!

Lisa B. Cassileth, MD

What you "need" is to meet a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

+2

While no one "needs" implants you have a typical problem that can be fixed with an implant, even if it is just a small one.  Your breasts have too much skin and not enough breast tissue.  If you don't want an implant to fix the volume problem the only other choice is to remove some of the loose skin though a lift.  Which one you choose is entirely up to you and your plastic surgeon after considering the pros and cons of each route.

Phillip C. Haeck, MD

Do I need Breast Implants? from El Paso, Texas

+2

Nice to hear a question posted from El Paso, Texas. Obviously, nobody "needs" implants. You voice a desire for your breasts to "sit up" better and correct the "deflation". A full examination would be necessary to determine the best procedure. Breast augmentation alone could improve the size, shape, and deflation. A lift might be necessary if you desire full upper pole and higher breast location. From El Paso, Texas, Frank Agulo, MD.

Frank Agullo, MD
El Paso Plastic Surgeon

Do I Need Implants

+1

From these photos, your nipples and areolas are properly positioned, and the sense of sagging you see is the result of volume loss. The treatment would be volume replacement, most likely with implants. Fat grafting can be an option, but I don't see much excess fat on these photos. 

A lift operation is quite unlikely to achieve your goal. Thanks, best wishes. 

Breasts

+1

Any cosmetic surgery of your breasts will require at least a small implant to improve their appearance.  Some surgeons might suggest fat injections as an option, but I would avoid that option.  It may sound appealing , but the procedure simply has not been perfected at this time.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Post breast feeding options - breast implants or breast lift?

+1

Breast deflation (breast involution) following breast feeding is a very common problem.  From your photos, it appears that although you have lost some volume, your nipples are in relatively good position.  You probably could consider a breast augmentation alone, if you would like to restore the volume that you have lost.  If, however, you don't want added volume, you could consider one of several types of breast lift (donut, lollipop, or anchor).  If you want just a liittle added volume you may consider a small implant combined with a donut breast lift.  Whether you would benefit from any of these procedures, only you can decide.  Best wishes.  

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon