Implants Without Lift? (photo)

Do you think I would be able to just have implants or do you think I also need a lift ? I am wondering if large (not too big) high profile smooth gel implants would be enough ? oooh help please thank you ( I am 50 yrs old ) not to worried if they're bit low, but would like to look a little natural thank you :)

Implants alone for a natural look

+4

Hello, Lucyengland.  I would recommend implants alone for you.  This is one of the most popular questions I receive in my practice, and the keyword you used is "natural".  Given your breast and nipple position, and given that you want a natural look, I would not recommend a breast lift.  Implants alone will give you a fuller, natural look, without breast lift scars.  

And remember ... after you have a breast augmentation you can do a lift at a later date if you and your plastic surgeon feel that is what you need. But if you do a lift now, and you don't like the scars, you can't remove the scars.  So by doing a breast augmentation alone, you're not burning any bridges.  I hope this helps and wish you the best!

Fresno Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation

+2

There are many options to consider.  The gel implants placed either under or over the chest wall muscle is fine.  You don't need a breast lift.  

Jay H. Ross, MD
Palm Harbor Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation alone will likely provide you with what your are desiring

+2

Thank you for the photos.  They indicate that you are not necessarily in need of a breast lift.  When the nipple or the lower portion of the breast is below the fold a breast lift is often needed or beneficial but this is not the case for you.  A breast augmentation alone will likely allow you to achieve your main goals.  It may be that you still have a little bit of breast tissue that is not firmly on top of the main portion of your breast implant but this will not likely be a very noticeable part of your overall result.

Dr Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Breast Implants Alone Should Suffice

+2

Based on these pictures, you have excellent anatomy for a 20 year old, let alone a 50 year old.  The breasts are symmetric, the intermammary distance is narrow meaning the cleavage after augmentation will be good - even without a bra.  There is only slight sagging which will be remedied with an implant alone, or at the most, a dual plane technique to release the lower pole glandular tissue with the implant under the muscle.  A mastopexy (lift) should not be necessary.

Christopher J. Schaffer, MD
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

Breast Implants for a Natural Look

+2

To find out which procedure is best, you will need to see a board certified plastic surgeon. In determining which techniques to use, the surgeon will take into account the distance from the nipple to the inframammary fold and the position of the areola in regards to the chest wall. If you want a more natural look, silicone implants alone might do, but it depends on these and other variables.

Jaime Perez, MD
Breast Augmentation Specialist
Plastic Surgery Center of Tampa

Jaime Perez, MD

Just do the breast augmentation for now

+2

It sounds from your description that you may favor a larger breast implant size. I would recommend for several reasons to do just the breast augmentation.  Also you mention that you are not concerned if the nipples are a bit low.  I would recommend a dual plane subpectoral breast augmentation with silicone gel implants which will give some degree of "internal lift" alone.  You can always add a breast lift later if you want the nipple to be raised to a higher position - my prediction is that you will be fine without it.  Good luck!

James F. Boynton, MD

Implants Without Lift?

+2

Thanks for great posted photos. Yes I might try a large implant like 500 cc or larger to see if the effect is what you desire. You can always lift the breasts even under local to do a donut lift down the road

Breast Implants without a Lift

+2

Lucy,

With the current position of your nipples, breast implants alone would serve you very well.  Raising your nipple more surgically would place it in an unnatural position.  For someone who is trying to achieve a natural look, I would definitely not plan on moving the nipple to an unnatural position.  Good luck.

Marcus Crawford, MD

Implants without a lift

+2

You should have a very natural result without needing a lift, particularly if you select the proper style of silicone gel implants...review this with your surgeon at your consultation and ask to see comparison photos of different style implants in patients with your anatomy.

Leonard T. Yu, MD
Kahului Plastic Surgeon

Breast Lift Needed?

+2

Thank you for the question and pictures.

I think you will do very well with breast augmentation alone ( no lift needed). I agree with your selection of silicone gel breast implants given your goals and your body type.

In regards to the  best breast implant size/profile to achieve your goals, I would suggest that you  concentrate on communicating your goals with your plastic surgeon ( I prefer the use of goal pictures)  and ask him/her to do his/her best to achieve the results you're looking for.  You may want to leave it up to him/her to use a breast implant that he/she feels will do the job based on intraoperative evaluation.

I use  intraoperative sizers and place the patient in the upright position to evaluate breast size. Use of these sizers also allow me to select the breast implant profile (low, moderate, moderate plus, high-profile) that would most likely achieve the patient's goals. The patient's goal pictures are hanging on the wall, and allow for direct comparison.
 I have found that this system is very helpful in improving the chances of achieving the patient's goals as consistently as possible.