Will implants without a lift work for me? (Photo)

I am 29 years old and want implants. My breasts have deflated over the years but even more so in the past few months. I am training for a bikini fitness competition and have dropped a good amount of body fat. I am 110lbs and 5'3". I want nice large round breasts. Preferably saline under the muscle. I want to do this without a lift but don't want a poor outcome. I did the "pencil test" and passed and I am borderline as far as sight of skin and the measurements from the fold to nipple. Is a lift necessary?

Simple Check: "Do I need a lift?"

+3
If you have breast tissue beneath the nipple on frontal view (which you do) then you do not "need" a lift.
If your goal is "nice, large, round" breasts, then a dual plane augmentation with implants in the 500cc range will provide you with what you are looking for; keep in mind that you will be able to look *Great* in a bikini but may have some drooping of the breasts over the implant when you are naked. 
Many women do not want scars on the breast, and I prefer not to place scars on the breast. A lift does require, in your case, a lollipop scar around the nipple and down the front of the breast.
If you are willing to tolerate slight drooping of the breast (a more "mature" breast appearance) then implants alone will suffice. If you want "perky" breasts with no drooping, then you will absolutely need a lift and augmentation (mastopexy-aug).
In some cases I will perform an augmentation and then a subsequent breast lift in a different procedure should the patient be displeased with the nipple position after the augmentation alone.

Melbourne Plastic Surgeon

Will implants without a lift work for me?

+3
In my over the internet opinion you would need rather large volume implants to avoid a lifting operation, like in 500 cc to 700cc range. Otherwise consider a donut lift with 450 cc implants. Best to seek opinions IN PERSON! 

Is a lift necessary with implants

+2
Hi. You are borderline for needing a lift - I think your best result would be with both a lift and implants. If you do a lot of fitness training then I assume you will have relatively small implants and these will not fill our your loose skin fully. Regards Dr Charles Cope

Charles Cope, MD
Sydney Plastic Surgeon

Implants Without Lift

+2
Although I agree that you would get best result with a lift/implants, I think it is possible to get a decent result with implants alone.  This is said without an exam or discussion about exactly what you wish to achieve.  You can always do the lift secondarily.

John Whitt, MD

Lift Necessary

+2
Thank you for your pictures.  Saline implants beneath the muscle without a lift will not give you the best outcome.  Consult with several PS.

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Breast Implants vs. Breast Lift

+2
Thank you for your question.  I must agree with several of  my colleagues.  Your ptosis (droop) is significant.  Given the fact that your breasts will be very visible (bikini fitness competition), I believe your best option is a breast lift with implants.  Implants alone will fill the breast but do not lift the breast significantly.  Consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon for a professional exam and consult.  Follow your surgeon's advice. Many patients just want what they want but trust your surgeon.

Best regards,

Christopher J. Morea, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Breast implants plus breast lift will give you the best result

+2
Thank you for your question.  As others have stated you do have significant breast ptosis even though you've passed the pencil test.

If you have a sub-muscular breast augmentation the implant will be held higher and could push your nipple lower into what is called a snoopy deformity.  You could have a Sub-glandular breast augmentation without a lift but again that would create a droopy breast appearance and you might lack fullness above the nipple.

Your best option is a breast lift with a sub-muscular augmentation mammoplasty especially if you want to look your best and your bikini competition.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

Implant +/- lift

+2
You are borderline and your best bet is to meet with a plastic surgeon. After they examine you they can give you a more accurate answer than you can get in this forum. From your photos it looks like an implant alone will correct a lot of your droop but you may still need a small lift for ideal nipple position and to downsize your areolae which are large for your breasts.

Lee E. Corbett, MD

Mastopexy …yes or no

+2
 If your desire is look great in a bathing suit and not look great  undressed, than a large augmentation may  be OK. You lack upper pole  fullness and exhibit significant ptosis.  In my practice, that spells BA with a mastopexy. There are a number of  mastopexy options which you should  discuss with you PS. It may not be as big a deal as you expect. Mastopexy scars generally heal  nicely but it  can take up to 2 years .

Don Fontana, MD
Waldorf Plastic Surgeon

Size

+1
Tough case however very common, I personally will not place huge implants in small pettie woman because eventually the implants will casue permannet tissue damage

Ryan Neinstein, MD, FRCSC