How Do I Decide Which Procedures to Have Done When There's Not Enough Time to Perform All Surgeries at Once? (Photos)

30 yo, 5'5, 160lbs, daily runner & weight lifter, plan to get a full tummy tuck, breast lift & augmentation and lipo of the flanks with a possible fat transfer to the buttocks. Prev full D/DD now small C. Past preg & breastfeeding. Doctor believes that including flank lipo would extend surgery to over 6 hrs and will not do it. Should i postpone lipo or postpone lift and just get implants for now? If i do the lift, what are your opinions on using Strattice for reinforcement? Thank you!

Breast surgery and abdominoplasty - mommy makeover

+2

Your surgeon sounds reasonable. I would not do it either. My suggestion would be to do the abdomen, liposuction and fat graft to the buttock first and the breasts at a later time. The other reason for doing the abdomen first is if you do the abdomen after the breasts it can pull the breasts down and distort the prior breast surgery result.

I hope you realize that this format of posting questions and receiving answers lacks the face to face direct communication required for you to make an informed decision regarding your surgery.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.

What to do?

+2

I would recommend doing the tummy tuck and lipo at first and then all of the breast work at the next step. You'll be happier once you get all of your waist looking great and it will be complete. it looks like you should get a great result. My guess is that you will only need a slight lift and in fact the proportins might change a bit after your tummy tuck. You do NOT need Strattice in a primary un-complicated augmentation/lift.

Ronald Schuster, MD