Implants Uneven and Dropping Out? (photo)

I had my BA 5 weeks ago (saline unders 400cc left and 425cc right) and I am concerned about the size difference and that my right breast is bottoming out. I have attached a pre-op photo (you can see that there was slight unevenness in size (left bigger) but the creases are even). It is still early days but my friends who have had BA's never had this problem. I am so unhappy with them and refuse to show anyone my new boobs. I was soo excited to get them and now I wish I had never had surgery!

It is too early to know what your final result will be

+1

It is too early to know what your final result will be. Continue to follow your plastic surgeons advice for postoperative care. It will take a minimum of 3 months before you know what the final results will be.

Denver Plastic Surgeon

Breast implants

+1

You need to relax, and quit worrying about things that might never happen. It is too early to tell. It will take 3-4 months for the stretching to complete and get your final result. One side always stretches and drops a little faster.

Gregory Sexton, MD
Columbia Plastic Surgeon

Implants Uneven and Dropping Out?

+1

In general your result as compared to your before posted photos is very acceptable. You were asymmetric pre op so if you increase the size, volume the differences magnify. There is a slight bottoming on the right, the N/A are uneven as seen in the befores, the total volume is very close. So you must decide if revision is what you want even after ONLY 5 weeks. But any additional surgery also has additional risks. Good luck. 

Breast augmentation

+1

Some asymmetry is normal. Your breasts were different to start and the right one was smaller than the left with a higher fold. Trying to get the folds exactly the same may get you into trouble with a double bubble.

1 Month After Breast Augmentation and Bottoming Out

+1

Supporting the inferior domain of the breast in the early postoperative period may be of benefit.  The lower pole and IMF can be taped or a sling designed to lift that area.   Your plastic surgeon may be amenable to this.  I would definitely ask.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Breast augmentation asymmetry can be corrected

+1

Thank you for the question and photos.  Breast augmentation asymmetry can be corrected.  You and your plastic surgeon will have to discuss breast implant size and breast fold location as the combination of these two issues are likely the majority of your breast asymmetry that you are seeing.  Hang in there and take some comfort in knowing that the breast asymmetry can be corrected and that your experience with breast augmentation can be a positive one.

Dr Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Implants Uneven and Dropping Out?

+1

Fortunately it is still relatively early, and it may be possible to stabilize the right implant with proper support at the breast fold. There are a number of techniques, including taping, underwire bra, inserts, and best choice would be to discuss this with your surgeon who can advise and assure that the technique is being applied properly.

Although there is an apparent size asymmetry, I doubt that this will be a long term issue--it probably reflects differential tension on the implants by the pectoral muscles, and as they relax over 3 to six months, I would expect decent symmetry.

Thanks for your question, and for the attached photos. Best wishes. 

Right breast implant is bottoming out.

+1

If you are experiencing bottoming out on one implant early after surgery you need to wear a good padded bra on both and insert a "chicken cutlet" i.e. a silicone gel insert on the bottom of that breast and keep the bra strap very tight on the side that has bottomed out.  This will keep gravity from stretching the internal capsule until the capsule has stabilized at about 6 months after surgery.  Avoid push up or push in bras as the breast shape will also be affected by this.  I have seen low implants actually move up with constant wear of this method. 

Benjamin Chu, MD, FACS
Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

Breast asymmetry after augmentation with implants

+1

Breast asymmetry is one of the problems that can occur after augmentation.  In your case, the right side is lower than the left.  This is due to the fact that the right implant pocket is lower than the left.  Since you're relatively early in the postoperative period, there is a possiblility that you can fix this problem nonsurgically.  I would ask your surgeon to tape the right breast inferiorly to raise the fold (overcorrect it) and leave the tape in place for one week.  I would also hike up your right bra strap as well and let out the left strap.  The taping may need to be repeated for another 1-3 weeks if full correction is not noted.  Using this technique, I have been able to correct most of these problems without surgery.  If the problem does not correct with this maneuver then you may need surgery (internal capsulorrhaphy).  Good luck.

Clyde H. Ishii, MD, FACS
Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

Breast Implant Dropping Too Much

+1

I am sorry for your troubles.

From your photos, I see that the right breast implant has dropped more than the left. The fold on that side has effaced a bit, and the incision has also descended, as you point out. This also causes the right nipple to appear higher because more skin beneath the nipple is showing on your right side.

Your implants are large given the amount of breast skin you started with, and a heavier implant will naturally have a tendency to drop more.  

For now, your surgeon will have to make some recommendations for you to try and prevent any further dropping of the implant.  Corrective surgery could be considered at a later date if you are unhappy with the final results.

John LoMonaco, MD, FACS