How Much are the Implants Alone Not Surgery?

Insurance approved removal of excess skin on arms and resculpting breast because I had weight lose surgery and lost a lot of weight. So since insurance is paying for that just wondering how much implants alone cost? 

Upper Body Lift

+2

Dear Texas44:

Congrats on your weight loss. It sounds like you would benefit from an upper body lift.  This usually involves: an upper arm brachioplasty/arm lift (to remove excess skin from upper arms); an upper trunk lift (to remove excess skin below the axilla on your sides), and a breast lift/reduction.  Depending on the degree and severity of sagging, I would determine if an implant augmentation could be done at the same time safely as your lift.  The cost of breast implants depends on whether you opt for saline or silicone gel implants.  Generally, the price for a pair of implants can range from $750 - $1800.  Insurance will not cover a breast enlargement as this is cosmetic surgery.  So there would be additional fees for any breast augmentation.

Web reference: http://www.basuplasticsurgery.com

Cost for breast implants

+1

Congratulations on losing the weight! I agree with the other surgeon's stating that the cost of implants would be $800-$2000 BUT you also have to account for the surgeon's additional time to perform the breast augmentation portion of the surgery, the increased time in the operating room and anesthesia will also need to be addressed so unfortunately, your cost would be more than just the cost of the implants.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/procedure_breastaugmentation.htm

+1

Costs are not that strightforward. Typcially cosmetic patients will recieve a reduced fee for prepayment of services which are provided by the plastic surgeon and this is not reflective of fees billed to third party payors through the hosptial provider or intermediary/

Web reference: http://www.bodysculptor.com/breast-surgery-chicago/breast-enlargement/

Cost for implants alone

+1

That's great that you were able to lose the weight and now are able to undergo the surgery to improve the way you look.  The implants are approximately $900 for saline, $1800 for silicone.  You should remember that while your insurance my pay for the "re-sculpting of the breast that probably does not include the placement of implants.  You should be prepared to pay for the OR, Anesthesia, and surgical fee as well for this portion of your surgery.  This including the implants may add $4500 to $6500 to your responsibility.  Good luck, Dr. Schuster from Boca Raton.

Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

+1

If I understand or can interpret your question. You want the insurance to cover all the other parts of your weight loss surgery reconstruction but the insurance will not pay of implants. I'm I right? Well, the range in fees is from $4,000 to $8,000. From MIAMI Dr. Darryl j. Blinski

Cost of Breast Augmentation after Massive Weight Loss

+1

Regarding: "How Much are the Implants Alone Not Surgery?
Insurance approved removal of excess skin on arms and resculpting breast because I had weight lose surgery and lost a lot of weight. So since insurance is paying for that just wondering how much implants alone cost
?"

I could give you the cost in Memphis for Breast Augmentation, or the surgical charges for Breast Augmentation AND Lift but that would be misleading and may be viewed as a Bait and Switch. The total cost would vary WIDELY by
- Geographic location (New York, LA and Chicago would be a lot more than Memphis, Tennessee)
- cost with saline Breast Implants would be cheaper than using Silicone gel breast implants
- the particular operation required in YOUR case

Is your insurance company REALLY paying for a Breast Lift? If so, that would be highly unusual. You need to make sure this is the case to prevent unexpected hospital and anesthesia bills after the surgery.

Dr. Peter Aldea

Implant costs.

+1

Implants costs vary.  Saline usually are half the price of silicone gel implants.  The cost may vary from $800-$2000.

Breast Lift With Implants

+1

Congratulations on your weight loss.  You may benefit from an upper body lift, which is removal of excess arm and side of chest skin plus a breast lift.  Implants can also be added to give you more fullness. 

The implants alone will add between $800 to $1800 to the cost of the procedure, depending on the type of implant.  Additional time in surgery not covered by insurance will also be a factor in the total cost.

I included a link with some upper body lift photos.

Web reference: http://www.drlomonaco.com/houston-upper-body-lift.shtml

Implant cost varies....

+1

There are many factors that come in to implant cost.  Saline implants are generally less expensive than silicone implants.   Cost of the implant itself varies from surgeon to surgeon as manufacturers typically base the cost of the implant on how many they purchase/use in a year   The procedure that needs to be done also affects cost.  There is surgeon's fee, anesthesia time, and operating room time.  In order to determine cost you are best served by meeting with a plastic surgeon, and getting a formal evaluation to discuss cost.

Cherry Hill Plastic Surgeon