Will my Implants Get Smaller Once They Settle In?

Oct 6, 2010 I had BA, I wanted a full B. I was a 34AA, my PS put in 457cc Silicone under the muscle. I hate them they are too big. I am 5'3 112, I had two children 20 and 21 yrs ago, he says I had too much tissue. But I dont want them this big, what can I do? I really hate them!!!

Breasts may remain swollen by 10-15% for 6-9 months after implants

+1

I have read studies that have shown that breasts may remain swollen by 10-15% for 6-9 months after implant augmentation.

Breast implants size

+1

If you are unhappy with the size of your implants, you should talk with your surgeon to discuss what can be done for you.

Implants don't get smaller but the swelling of the breast decreases

+1

Breast implants don't get smaller after surgery. However the swelling of the natural breast tissue decreases over a period of 6-8 weeks after surgery. 

Dana Khuthaila, MD, FACS

It is certainly is possible to downsize the size of your breast implants and you should discuss this fully with the surgeon you

+1

I'm sorry to hear that you're unhappy with the appearance of your bust and it does sounds as if the implants maybe a little bit large for your physique.

It is certainly is possible to downsize the size of your breast implants and you should discuss this fully with the surgeon you choose.

If you do downsize the implants depending on the amount of skin you have in the area at the position of your nipples you may need an uplift procedure.

Again, I would discuss this fully with your surgeon to assess the best technique for you.

Adrian Richards, MD
London Plastic Surgeon

Size After Breast Augmentation Takes About Three Months

+1

After a breast augmentation, it generally takes about three months before everthing has settled and the size will not change.  To be honest with you, a 450cc implant should make anyone a D cup, even if they start out with almost nothing.  If you had some loose tissue, your surgeon was probably trying to avoid some type of lift by putting in  a larger implant.  Unfortunately, this only leads to larger breasts that still sit lower then they should.  I would give it another month, but they are not going to get markedly smaller than they are right now.  Wait another month, and then I would address it with your surgeon.  I hope this helps.

Christopher V. Pelletiere, MD
Barrington Plastic Surgeon

Breast implants will not get smaller with time.

+1

Hi.

I think your implants are too big.  Just from your description, you need something in the 250 cc to 300 cc range.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Implant settling after augmentation

+1

If you are now more than 6 weeks after surgery, you won't be seeing a huge change in size.  Maybe some settling and relaxation and diminished upper pole fullness.  You should discuss your concerns with the surgeon and wait until 3-4 months after surgery.  If you are still unhappy then, you may need a revision.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS