Hourglass Figure, Implants Appearance After Weight Loss

I am 5'4", athletic, with an hourglass figure, a healthy BMI of 23 and about 19% body fat. I have 600cc high profile implants, which are placed under the muscle. I went from 30B to 30HH. I have been in the process of losing weight so I want to know if I lose more weight, will my implants eventually look really big, or too round? Or will my breasts get smaller as well? I would like to go within 14-15% body fat.

Large breast implants will look even larger after weight loss.

+2

Hi.

We advise against very large breast implants, because they stretch your tissues and age poorly. I am afraid that as you lose weight, the implants may also look less natural.

Weight loss and breasts

+2

If you lose a lot of weight, your native breast volume may go down a bit. This is unrelated to the implant. You may also notice looser breasts and possibly some sagging.

Your proportions may change

+2

Claire26: The cup size and implant volume you mention is quite large. The weight loss you plan will likely change other areas of your body more than it changes your breasts. Your breasts will probably not get much smaller. Your proportions may change.

It is difficult to predict how your breasts themselves will look after the weight loss. Your desires and impressions will determine if they appear "too round" or "too big."

Sutton Graham II, MD
Greenville Plastic Surgeon

Hard to predict

+2

Hi there-

It sounds like you already have implants that are very large for your frame; I wouldn't think that the appearance of your implants, or the relative proportion of the breasts to your body will change that much.

It is not likely that you will lose a significant amount of breast volume, as the majority of your breast volume sounds like it is produced by the implants.

Whether or not your breasts look too round and or unnatural will depend more on what happens to your skin and the implant capsule over time. Very large implants will produce thinning of the tissues and skin that over time may require intervention; similarly, if your implant capsules contract over time, you will nee to consider intervention to restore a soft and natural appearance, but weight loss and fitness in and of themselves should not cause either of these problems.

I hope that helps.

Armando Soto, MD, FACS

Implant size doesn't change with weight loss

+2

Every woman's breast contains different proportions of fat and breast tissue. As you lose or gain weight, the natural volume of the breast may vary if there is a large component of fat in addition to breast tissue. In this situation, your body fat percentage is already low, so it is hard to predict if further weight loss will have an appreciable impact on your breast volume.

With 600cc implants, I suspect the vast majority of your breast volume is related to the implants so changes in your natural volume will likely be less apparent. It is likely that as you become thinner, the breast will appear larger relative to the rest of your body. In reality, however, they probably won't change much in actual volume.

Mitchel Krieger, MD
Fairfax Plastic Surgeon